Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ed Curtis Cam / AFR 205 Install / Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just kind of shocked that you had piston to valve clearance with the 59cc heads. So were the numbers you put down with the dirty MAF? Any idea what you'll put down once you get the injector and clutch situation figured out?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

We went from 439 running LEAN to 452 with just a MAF swap. We thought it was the fuel pump, so we put a cool gauge Geoff made that shows it on the dyno screen and it was staying 58psi @ WOT. Other idea he had was MAF. After I reassured him I cleaned it, he took it apart and showed me my sorry *** cleaning job

The 452 was the MAF swap. On the final pull be banged the limiter @ 6800 due to the clutch... you can see the smoke in the video.

I got a hold of the guy that sold me the injectors and he's shipping out a new one tomorrow. He was embarrassed to say the least, but very cool about getting me a new one.

I really don't know what else we could get out of it. Maybe hit 460? IDK. I think there's more to be had if the FAST was ported, that's for sure. She's in stock form for now. I really don't know what we're leaving on the table with the injectors being maxed like they are.

452 with an SLP lid and stock MAF/bellows.... Maybe go to a GM 85 and an FTP 98?

It sure as **** is fun though!

Quick Reply: Ed Curtis Cam / AFR 205 Install / Results