Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Oils

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004 | 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
Patman:
The rules of this Board state that fowl launguage is strictly forbidden and may result in revocation of your privleges.

Also, in your many past posts you stated that Fram filters are substandard; I think you used the term "junk" more than once. Now you say Frams are OK for intervals of 10K miles or less. How did you come to change your views on this product too?
Not once have I ever said that Frams are ok for 10k or less. I wouldn't use them at all, ever. Period. This is one thing that bothers me big time about you, you're constantly making up lies about things you think I said.

If your opinion is be based on scientific data from oil analysis done by people with 20+ years of experience, what made you change your mind on both Royal Purple and Fram? Is it based on good test results from Blackstone?
My opinion on Royal Purple's 10w30 and 5w30 street oils have not changed, I do not like what I see in the oil analysis results on them. They thin out too quickly for my liking.

My opinion of Royal Purple's racing oil comes from finally getting to see some oil analysis results on it, and it's a considerably better oil than their street oil. But even though it's labelled as a racing oil, it has also shown it has a strong enough additive package to handle decently long drain intervals (most certainly it can go beyond 3000 miles)

So please Robert, stop making up lies about things you think I said. I'm tired of it. Your sarcastic remarks you make from time to time don't help either.
Old 04-14-2004 | 03:42 PM
Launching!

I am very happy with 5w30 Amsoil and AC Delco oil filter.

I remember reading an oil filter research test a while back on some website and most of the Fram filters were among the cheapest less effective oil filters listed in the test. If you are changing out your oil after only 3k it probably is just fine. But for longevity I wouldn't trust it after seeing those results.

I think this is the link:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html
Link directly to the filter recommendations:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters.html

Last edited by bill99hawk; 04-14-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2004 | 04:10 PM
Launching!

do yourself a favor and get redline 5w-30 with a k&n oil filter
Old 04-14-2004 | 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Royal Purple 41 is an excellent choice. I have had excellent results with several analysis I did at intervals of 4K+ miles.