Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Racing Trex Cam Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well thats alot different then the 1st post?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well far as the clutch go. Thats price is way to high. I did the same thing and went to shop that was over charging me so I told them hell know. If ur work on car somewat it can be done urself. I look at a couple vids and youtube and view ls1 howto and they both were very good. I did mine by my self with no help and finished it n a days time. I recommend have a buddy cause that tranny is a pain to lift by urself. But good luck
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister_Z28
The goal is to have a 700hp monster that could be driven daily if i wanted to. Also i plan on spraying occasionally. I know that is a big goal but im just gonna start somewhere

You're confusing.

Your initial post is completely different to this post.

If you want to throw in a cam do the proper supporting mods first (longtubes, underdrive pulley, LS6 or FAST intake, Flycutting etc...) If not the cam swap will not be worth while.

IF you are serious about getting to 700whp depends how you want to go about doing that. Supercharger, nitrous, turbocharger.

I think you should spend a bit more time doing research before you do any more mods. Not to offend you in any way but you seem un educated on whats what with these cars and what it takes to do certain things.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah im a little new to the whole moddifying cars. This is my first LS1 so im trying to learn whats what by asking questions. As far as my hp goals i know they are high but someone above asked what my goals were so i stated my goals. And i plan on using nitrous because i would rather have a car thats like 400-500hp normally then around 700 when i spray. Im sorry if im asking dumb questions but hey i gotta learn somehow. And i also know these goals dont happen over night.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister_Z28
Yeah im a little new to the whole moddifying cars. This is my first LS1 so im trying to learn whats what by asking questions. As far as my hp goals i know they are high but someone above asked what my goals were so i stated my goals. And i plan on using nitrous because i would rather have a car thats like 400-500hp normally then around 700 when i spray. Im sorry if im asking dumb questions but hey i gotta learn somehow. And i also know these goals dont happen over night.
You wont make 700whp on nitrous with stock internals. Ive seem 6's with H/C and 150-200shot (200 is pushing it) but not 7xxwhp. Do some re search! just google what everything you want to read up on and add "ls1tech" to the search and threads on here will show by the load. The problem with nitrous is the hit is really hard on the factory rods and pistons. Theres a nitrous section aswell, you need to know what plugs to run as well. I say do ao bit more research till you dive into a cam swap, for now i think you should do full bolt ons.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:45 AM
TECH Regular

I dont plan on even attempting to put 700hp on stock internals. As of tonight i will probably have to rebuild it. Basically im researching all the parts and components ill need before i buy anything.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Yes it would be horrible! I wouldn't advise going that route one bit, and I 9/10 steer my own customers away from even my biggest cam which would be an iteration of the one in my car now
**** thats a baby cam..even the t rex is a lil guy..

op i have a trex in the ls1 on my stand,stock gm 51 gaskets,56cc heads and pistons fly cut .1 int/exh..im right over 11.6-1 comp an thats in n2o trim an pump gas friendly still..i can actually get away with about 12.5-1 comp an still run it on pump..would only do about 12-1 though if i wasnt going to spray..car is 2700#,3.73s,th350,28s/275s,4500 stall.you def want all the supporting mods.

if you get the trex def fly cut the pistons some..i actually should sell mine and go back to bsing with martin and look back at a cam i actually had designed for myself..im a carb setup with a super vic intake and my heads are fully worked 243s..martin can spec u a nice cam at a good price..if your dead set on a trex cam..u can also just order it from comp..it uses xer lobes 242/248 and its a 110 lobe,108 icl,112 ecl an the real lift is .610-.615,not the .608/.612 they have listed..

edit..just finshed reading the thread..op have a custom cam done..or see if camcam has the cam that he was just using before he swapped..your going to want a cam designed for n2o really if your looking for 700rwhp on juice..you could get away with one not speced for n2o if your already making 500rwhp but u would be better to give up some in the n/a world to gain some more with spray and have it be more friendly..

Last edited by suicidal racing; 01-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
**** thats a baby cam..even the t rex is a lil guy..

op i have a trex in the ls1 on my stand,stock gm 51 gaskets,56cc heads and pistons fly cut .1 int/exh..im right over 11.6-1 comp an thats in n2o trim an pump gas friendly still..i can actually get away with about 12.5-1 comp an still run it on pump..would only do about 12-1 though if i wasnt going to spray..car is 2700#,3.73s,th350,28s/275s,4500 stall.you def want all the supporting mods.

if you get the trex def fly cut the pistons some..i actually should sell mine and go back to bsing with martin and look back at a cam i actually had designed for myself..im a carb setup with a super vic intake and my heads are fully worked 243s..martin can spec u a nice cam at a good price..if your dead set on a trex cam..u can also just order it from comp..it uses xer lobes 242/248 and its a 110 lobe,108 icl,112 ecl an the real lift is .610-.615,not the .608/.612 they have listed..

edit..just finshed reading the thread..op have a custom cam done..or see if camcam has the cam that he was just using before he swapped..your going to want a cam designed for n2o really if your looking for 700rwhp on juice..you could get away with one not speced for n2o if your already making 500rwhp but u would be better to give up some in the n/a world to gain some more with spray and have it be more friendly..
Agreed 100%.

Quick Reply: Thunder Racing Trex Cam Idea