Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$1022.40 for lifters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Paul Bell;16989612]Yes, you can certainly get better pricing than that dealership quoted you. I would suggest you shop around from LS1tech sponsors. They help keep this place alive./QUOTE]

This^^^
Old 12-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealers make most of their money on service and parts... Not cars. Remember that when getting parts from them. I only buy stuff from dealers when I'm in a pinch and need the car up and running. I.e. I paid $80 for 4 stock valves that go for about $20 normally. Be sure to read the fine print as well - most will not accept returns without some sort of ridiculous restocking fee within a short window of time. Sometimes if the part is considered "special order" they will not accept ANY returns. I've gotten hosed on hundreds of dollars of parts over the years from dealers sending me incorrect parts and not accepting returns FYI.

Now, if you know someone the dealer actually is a great place to buy parts. A family member of mine can get parts from a few select dealers around here at cost (vendor discount) which is about the same as the online prices minus shipping.

Quick Reply: $1022.40 for lifters?