Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

370, trex cam...what heads\intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikh338
yes i agree the fuel pump should be plenty. if i do the heads/intake i will deff need more injector. i was thinking 42lb since they would flow around 48-50 with our fuel pressure. i have always looked at wet plate kits, what setup did you have in mind for a dry kit? dry kit only sprays nitrous right? a wet kit sprays fuel and nitrous right?
Yes true with heads you will probably need more injector if you are now running close on duty cycle. I have done a few trex cars with 30lb red tips but ill have to go back through logs to see what kind of duty cycle they were running. The 42's are my favorite injector for these cars. The Bosch 0 280 155 968 to be exact. I'm running the older fat body green tops which flow slightly more than the newer green pencils but on my stock bottom 346, tea st2 799 heads, fast 102 setup on a 175 dry shot only put my duty cycle on those injectors in the 70's. I know you'll have a little bit of cubes on my setup so it'll require more fuel but you'll not max them out on a 150 shot. The amount of fuel a properly setup NA nitrous combo uses is very minimal to power ratio vs blower and turbo cars.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I used to run 30lbs SVOs with 470rwhp. Had a FPR by rail to ensure steady fuel pressure. Never did it go beyond 90% cycle. I also ended up switching to 42s after that.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

We personally use the FIC injectors here and love them. Very nice injectors.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

so after doing a lot of talking with james short on seetups for me i think i have it narrowed down. a member on here offered my his tea tfs 215 heads with 56cc chambers for a great price so ill most likely pick those up. as far as the manifold im really leaning towards the edelbrock pro flo xt. i have done so much searching all over this site and google and just cant come up with any cold hard facts. i know the top end power is fantastic but im really trying to get answers on the mid range power of this intake. car lives in the upper rpm's with the trex anyways but i dont want it to be a total slug down low with this manifold. i sent a few members PMs that run it so waiting to here back from them. anyone else have any legit dyno numbers or graphs to prove what this manifold does on a n\a car? i see all the guys that run fast manifolds trash talk it when they have in fact never run it themselves so im not looking for opinions just cold hard facts\numbers
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The Pro Flo XT has a nice long runner so purely judging it by it's design it should have a very strong mid-range and some decent low-end also. Not quite on par with a stock manifolds low-end, but better than a single plane intake for sure.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
The Pro Flo XT has a nice long runner so purely judging it by it's design it should have a very strong mid-range and some decent low-end also. Not quite on par with a stock manifolds low-end, but better than a single plane intake for sure.
well thats very good news then. the guy i was going to purchase the trick flow heads off just backed out on me so back to looking for heads...

Quick Reply: 370, trex cam...what heads\intake