Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine swap reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Engine swap reccomendations

So the good 'ol ls1 in an 01 SS M6 is starting to burn oil, nothing too urgent though. I shouldn't have any problems too soon as long as I maintain it.

She has 88k miles, rebuilt 10 bolt, and all major boltons, nothing internal.

I went through some options already, and selling it isn't one of them. I decided that if I were to sell it, I'd be getting the same exact car like I did with my last '02 z28. Somewhat soonish, I'm looking to replace the engine, and I have a couple options that I'm sure the enlightened community will help me decide on.

1. rebuild current ls1
2. new motor
2(b). assembled and ready to go or block and internals seperatley?

Rebuilding make sense but I plan on having the car for many more years and as its a daily driver I'd like a quick swap, not several month project. I was considering buying a brand new engine, all ready to drop in but it seemed like it would work out less expensive to order individual parts and build the engine.

Anyway, I want to know what you guys think. If there is some kind of trade off where I can sell mine and get a new one or just buy parts for my current ls1. Shooting for minimum 400whp, not too much more than that at max.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, in any event, either new motor or current rebuilt will be getting mild cam for sure, probably new heads.

Quick Reply: Engine swap reccomendations