Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick Performance Polluter CAm V.2 install (Cam Only)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well when you're ready for a stroker cam I have Stages 1-3 and they will be added to our Street Heat Line up AND I also have Stage 1-2 TorqueMAX cams for strokers!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lukem80
they should rename this to the Steamboat Willie cam
This is hilarious.. I thought it sounded similar to a horse gallop, but the Steamboat is spot on. It sounds like a Nascar now, after the tune.

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Fantastic! I love seeing these kind of results! My babies are doing so well all the way on the opposite coast! You and FearLS have the Tick Performance camshaft gang going on now!

Those power gains are awesome, hopefully when you go back to the dyno their tach lead is working correctly and we can see the torque figures. It does look like from the graph that it hadn't even peaked yet and it will keep on climbing if you let it!

Great thing is this cam will work just fine in your future 383 or 408 you want to build as well!
How do you do sir? lol Treating the Tick cams well out here in Sunny San Diego. Haven't heard from you in a bit, hope all is well your way. I recently had the 4.10's installed on mine, and man o' man it's a huge difference. I love that gear ratio. Still in the break in period, but you can notice a difference right out of the box. I'm in the hunt for a clutch and driveshaft loop soon (Like yesterday) but will be taking it easy on what I have for now. (Clutch tends to slip, when I get on her pretty good) I could'nt imagine what this thing would feel like at a heavy rpm drop. (If the drivetrain was setup for it of course.)

Hope you gentleman like the Polluter V2, it's a nasty cam with great numbers for cam only. Very Impressive!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
This is hilarious.. I thought it sounded similar to a horse gallop, but the Steamboat is spot on. It sounds like a Nascar now, after the tune.

How do you do sir? lol Treating the Tick cams well out here in Sunny San Diego. Haven't heard from you in a bit, hope all is well your way. I recently had the 4.10's installed on mine, and man o' man it's a huge difference. I love that gear ratio. Still in the break in period, but you can notice a difference right out of the box. I'm in the hunt for a clutch and driveshaft loop soon (Like yesterday) but will be taking it easy on what I have for now. (Clutch tends to slip, when I get on her pretty good) I could'nt imagine what this thing would feel like at a heavy rpm drop. (If the drivetrain was setup for it of course.)

Hope you gentleman like the Polluter V2, it's a nasty cam with great numbers for cam only. Very Impressive!!
Everything is doing fine over here thanks for asking! Just trying to get my engine put together so I can start putting the car together and get to play around like you guys are.

I bet the 4.10's really woke the car up that's for sure! Just wait till you can really get on it with a good clutch in the car.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

FEAR LS is praying on a ls1vette at the local drag strip thats been killing everyone haha, I'll post some nice footage off the cruise tommorow that i hopefully will have put together before i head out for a couple weeks.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 AM
FormerVendor

Uh-oh! I can't wait to see what it does at the track!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Exceptional numbers, and very nice lope!

I was on Tick's website yesterday looking at their cam packages and didn't notice a V2 package offering. Did you purchase all of the parts separately? Did you end up going with a BTR valvetrain setup? Also, assuming your injectors were stock at dyno time, were you maxing them out with this setup?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lukem80
they should rename this to the Steamboat Willie cam
lmfao
Old 03-17-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula

I was on Tick's website yesterday looking at their cam packages and didn't notice a V2 package offering. Did you purchase all of the parts separately? Did you end up going with a BTR valvetrain setup? Also, assuming your injectors were stock at dyno time, were you maxing them out with this setup?
Thank you.
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/ You can select the cam at the elite series cam package. I bought the package from them which came with brian T springs, i did the C5 timing chain, Pushrods, gasket set, Oil pump i just bought another standard one just to be on the safe side. We didnt max my injectors out at the dyno i didnt want to run them that high. Once i get myself 42lb injectors and fuel pump i can push more out off the car.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Uh-oh! I can't wait to see what it does at the track!
Idk when hes planning on running. I probably will after i get my injectors and fuel pump.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

NnOoSsSS gave you all the information needed below! FWIW with the 28lb/hr injectors and this cam we normally see 90-95% IDC with a stock fuel pump.
Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Thank you.
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/ You can select the cam at the elite series cam package. I bought the package from them which came with brian T springs, i did the C5 timing chain, Pushrods, gasket set, Oil pump i just bought another standard one just to be on the safe side. We didnt max my injectors out at the dyno i didnt want to run them that high. Once i get myself 42lb injectors and fuel pump i can push more out off the car.
Get those injectors and pump in there and let it rip!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

NnOoSsSS gave you all the information needed below! FWIW with the 28lb/hr injectors and this cam we normally see 90-95% IDC with a stock fuel pump.

Thats definetly the plan haha
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Thank you.
Ahh, I should've dug a little deeper on the website. This is definitely one of the cams that I'm looking at. This isn't a comp grind, is it? What lobes?

Sorry for the noob questions, I have been untaking a full suspension rebuild and haven't paid any attention to power adders just yet.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Martin, I've been tinkering around the website looking a few different options. I'll definitely be sending you a pm soon regarding a cam/valvetrain package.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
FormerVendor

Ahh, I should've dug a little deeper on the website. This is definitely one of the cams that I'm looking at. This isn't a comp grind, is it? What lobes?

Sorry for the noob questions, I have been untaking a full suspension rebuild and haven't paid any attention to power adders just yet.
All of our Elite Series cams are ground at Comp cams using Comp cams lobes. If you'd like I can have Bullet grind you a nearly identical cam to the V.2.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Old 04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Love the wheels on the black T/A, have the same set, don't see them very often...Awesome Vid.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk about beast results. Martin Smallwood does it again!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

Love it! It's awesome to see all you guys having so much fun!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ARaver
Love the wheels on the black T/A, have the same set, don't see them very often...Awesome Vid.
Glad you like the vid!!

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Talk about beast results. Martin Smallwood does it again!
Yes most definetly!

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Polluter CAm V.2 install (Cam Only)