Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help

So tonight i was out disturbing the peace and lossed power while excelerating. I mean i have a 408 and it went immediately sluggish mid exceleration. Then i had a check engine light come on. So i limped it home and pulled two codes. The codes were, P01317 and P0151. The code reader said "02 circuit low voltage bank one" and the other one said " 02 circuit low voltage bank 2". What causes this and how do i fix it? I assume i have a dead cylinder or two but i want to get it fixed asap. Thanks for all ur help.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like your car went into limp mode and that's why you lost power...check your wires going down to your front o2 sensors and see if can find anything wrong with them...the wires might have hit your headers and burnt/melted.

If that is the problem you can cut the bad section of wire out and solder/shrink wrap new wire lengths in. That should fix your problem.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe try the tune/diagnostic forum?? Likely to get more input....
Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark21742
Sounds like your car went into limp mode and that's why you lost power...check your wires going down to your front o2 sensors and see if can find anything wrong with them...the wires might have hit your headers and burnt/melted.

If that is the problem you can cut the bad section of wire out and solder/shrink wrap new wire lengths in. That should fix your problem.
Seems unlikely, but this could be it. Melted wires happen all the time with headers.

The 'other' melted wire you can check is the plug wires, although those would throw more of a misfire code.

Snap us some pics and we can help out.

Quick Reply: Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help