Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriots heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWolfMatt
If it were me, I'd go with those patriot heads, they're proven, and we know they work. Those ebay heads you have posted are already on another thread in here and should be worth a look if your interseted in a gut busting laugh as there is a really funny argument going on in there. Those are ProComp heads (Chinese Crap).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...bay-heads.html

But yeah, stick with the patriot heads you had picked out or talk to one of the TSP guys about any recomendations for your build.
I did some searching and found out this... the heads are fine (ofcourse not the best) but the valves, springs ect is all junk. Theyre only worth it if you buy them bare and then piece your own valvetrain. Which I checked into to try and save a few bucks and it would end up about the same with the tsp titanium valve spring kit, and good valves so might as well go with the patriot heads.. like you said tested and proven, better safe than sorry.

I just saw flashes of being able to get heads and a cam right now instead of in months and had a lapse in judgement...
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Teching In

I also emailed ECS and they said they could get me by for 6 months until I get the cam with a mail in so I can get em on asap... I dont mind, I love working on cars and Im used to JAP which are F***ed. I should feel a descent gain in power just from the heads and tune because theyre better than Z06 heads and heads are one of the reasons im 40whp behind a Z06. (From what I've read any.. could be wrong)

My model stock in auto is lucky to dyno 280... gotta change that... soon
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Would it be a good idea to get bigger fuel injectors? I know my year has smaller ones. Then have the tuner tell it give more fuel... not really sure how that works. Tsp had some for relatively cheap.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Wait, Patriot is out of business. I'd check to see if you can even buy them. If you can, I'd be leery.

You're also going about modding a car in a very haphazard way. I understand you are on a pretty tight budget, but you need to step back and decide what you want from the car, what your budget is, and then mod within those constraints.

You're jumping from cam to heads only, etc. I always tell people to do it right the first time. Buying things, even cheap things, twice is a giant waste of money. So plan way ahead as well and figure out a phased approach for modifiying the car so the mods you buy first don't have to be discarded when you buy the next phase of mods.

What I would do is a cam-only install. Cam, valvesprings, hardened pushrods, trunion upgrade for stock rockers, oil pump, timing chain, and underdrive pulley. Get that tuned. +40-55hp depending on the cam.

Then, I'd look at heads, new lifters, new fuel injectors, and a new clutch (optional) for the second round of mods. With a tune. Would add 40-55hp depending on the heads.

Third would be FAST intake. Would add 15-20hp.

That way you can concentrate your cash on buying things together so you can get the car back together. Once you have the money for the next "stage" you can move to that and continue to enjoy your car.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Wait, Patriot is out of business. I'd check to see if you can even buy them. If you can, I'd be leery.

You're also going about modding a car in a very haphazard way. I understand you are on a pretty tight budget, but you need to step back and decide what you want from the car, what your budget is, and then mod within those constraints.

You're jumping from cam to heads only, etc. I always tell people to do it right the first time. Buying things, even cheap things, twice is a giant waste of money. So plan way ahead as well and figure out a phased approach for modifiying the car so the mods you buy first don't have to be discarded when you buy the next phase of mods.

What I would do is a cam-only install. Cam, valvesprings, hardened pushrods, trunion upgrade for stock rockers, oil pump, timing chain, and underdrive pulley. Get that tuned. +40-55hp depending on the cam.

Then, I'd look at heads, new lifters, new fuel injectors, and a new clutch (optional) for the second round of mods. With a tune. Would add 40-55hp depending on the heads.

Third would be FAST intake. Would add 15-20hp.

That way you can concentrate your cash on buying things together so you can get the car back together. Once you have the money for the next "stage" you can move to that and continue to enjoy your car.

Well, the reason that I'm doing the heads first is because I'll never have this much money to drop on my car at once for a very long time.. Then I can buy one thing at a time as I save up for the cam install.. I have some expensive tools to buy for that too. Even If I just sit on the heads, it has to be this way because of my situation.

believe me I want a cam first, I cant wait to have a cammed LS1. I really like the FAST intake but its more than a cam and spring kit from tsp. Love the look though.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Ok, well, then you'll just buy parts and sit them in your house. Nothing wrong with that. I'm doing that now. I just don't want to tear down the car multiple times. That's a pain in the ***.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Patriot is now PROMAXX PERFOMANCE, same people there. google them and call number and ask for Steven he is a great guy I put on their Patriot predator heads and just love them put down 446rwhp and 408 rwtq real solid heads but they are their casting not a factory cast that has been ported.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kirbyman03
Patriot is now PROMAXX PERFOMANCE, same people there. google them and call number and ask for Steven he is a great guy I put on their Patriot predator heads and just love them put down 446rwhp and 408 rwtq real solid heads but they are their casting not a factory cast that has been ported.
I will definitely do that, thanks alot. Those are the numbers I'm looking for eventually.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Where can I order the heads from? Can anyone confirm that I give them my money I won't be SOL?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Ok, well, then you'll just buy parts and sit them in your house. Nothing wrong with that. I'm doing that now. I just don't want to tear down the car multiple times. That's a pain in the ***.
Yes! Did that with my interceptor, it was a MUCH more enjoyable build because I didn't have to wait for the next thing... Yanked the old motor, tore it apart for the stock parts I would reuse, built the new motor and had it running in just over a month. And behind the scenes, I collected parts for that build for OVER a year!

Get your parts collected and build it once.

Oh, and Patriot heads can make decent power
Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Yes! Did that with my interceptor, it was a MUCH more enjoyable build because I didn't have to wait for the next thing... Yanked the old motor, tore it apart for the stock parts I would reuse, built the new motor and had it running in just over a month. And behind the scenes, I collected parts for that build for OVER a year!

Get your parts collected and build it once.

Oh, and Patriot heads can make decent power

Well alot of you guys all have TA's which are harder to work on so I see your point.. My buddy has one that I've helped him with. For me pulling the valve coveres off and taking off the rockers for a cam install is less than an hour. So really if I did the heads first thats all I'd have to redo for the cam install. Idk I'm just impatient and I really do just enjoy wrenching on stuff I'd be doing something every weekend if I had the $..

But back to the Promaxx predator heads, I did a google search and the promaxx site is down at the moment and I cant really find much. Got any links? I should have the $$ by the end of the week. I talked to some one at A&A corvette and they told me to go with the 59cc because I live in fl and can get good 93 and I'd be giving up hp/tq for no reason going with 62 or 64cc.. Also going with the tsp 228r 114 which wont need any modifications.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

800)235-4323 ask for Steven dont know why is down but I got yhis from their Facebook site.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Teching In

800)235-4323 ask for Steven dont know why is down but I got yhis from their Facebook site.

Cool, thanks man. I wasn't too crazy about the guy from A&A, he seemed annoyed that I asked afew questions and rushed me off the phone. Kind of want to give my money to someone elese.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Super Hulk Smash

There are better heads out there. I for one wouldn't spend my money on those heads.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Not saying there isn't better ones but this aftermarket head is good, probably shouldn't bash them till you have seen them or tried them. for $1300 they are hard to beat. google the gm hitech performance article on them, that will tell you a little about how they perform. My personal experience has been a great one with them look at my numbers with an ls6 intake which needs to be replaced with a FAST.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, what's the stamp # on the heads you currently have???

If/when you get those replaced, how much would you like for them???
Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheWolfMatt
OP, what's the stamp # on the heads you currently have???

If/when you get those replaced, how much would you like for them???

They aren't z06 heads if thats what youre hoping for.. theyre the 853 casting 52k

I will be wanting to sell them to pay for gaskets, head bolts and all that.

Last edited by Nvrfastenough87; 04-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Patriots heads