Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New everything LS1 build up

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New everything LS1 build up

So I have great ambition to this engine and wish to know some variations as to what would be good and/or why it wouldn't be good. The goal is big power not big on top speed simply because I don't think in a practical sence that top speed in a normal setting is impressive nor fun its the ridiculous quick acceloration to a low top speed like 120 that I think is fun.This is what I wish to have(might I add this will be all new including block) LS1, 383 stroker, LS6 heads, LSX 102mm intake Naturally aspirated(sound preference). backed with a T56, and 4.10 gears. Maybe a little wet kit. Please dont state the obvious as to what I should do like bigger injectors, hotter coils and high volume oil pump that I get no problem. its the cam and I have not the slightess clue as to what I need to be looking for or just a custom cam. I wish for a rough idle and high rpm range. Plus I know for the rpm range I'm gonna need a good valve train. Not the slightess clue there either. I'd like to think of this as the LS1 owners dream engine. but I need to fill in the blank spots. I know I'm talking big money here and don't throw the LSX454,572 or LS3 at me either. LS1 is where I'm set at. please help. and explain technicalities please.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you want big power n/a, read this thread start to finish. when you're done come back with more questions

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your stuck on the LS1, go 383...Now my opinion, don't go smaller than 400 cubes. I would stroke a LS2
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering the $$$$ you're probably going to shell out into that bad boy, might want a look at a used LS7 or even a nice used LS3. Hell, even some of the detuned LS9's (LSA 6.2) in the newer ZL1 have been on ebay for cheep. Might be a better option.

Quick Reply: New everything LS1 build up