Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another broken Yella Terra rocker arm

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gectek

You can go with a custom manton 11/32 pushrod also, and no need to worry about enlarging the holes in the heads for the bigger PRs. I have ran a few sets of them in cars, and it makes a difference. But there was also a thread on here about running a thicker wall 5/16 pr helps also. Someone needs to make a large comparo featuring all that info...

PS, when this happened to Scorpion a few times, people literally stopped buying them...no love for the American company selling American Made products...AND who hired quite a few of the tech guys/reps from Crane when they went out of business a while back. Oh yah and they offer a lifetime wnty on their rockers. No need to wait to contact them. My .02.
Been done by vettenuts himself

http://m.corvetteforum.com/157250702...ml?styleid=132

Increasing OD is what wins, not necessarily wall thickness..
Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, there was another test done by one of the larger companies.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:16 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Scorpion has come leaps and bounds since their issue they had. They offer a lifetime warranty, and when I had mine, I spoke directly to the president of the company, not a sales rep.

That being said, they're coming out with a shaft system as well.

Guys, they ARE a great alternative to HS or YT's.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Scorpion has come leaps and bounds since their issue they had. They offer a lifetime warranty, and when I had mine, I spoke directly to the president of the company, not a sales rep.

That being said, they're coming out with a shaft system as well.

Guys, they ARE a great alternative to HS or YT's.
Any idea when it might be out?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:53 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Any idea when it might be out?
Nothing that I've heard yet. There's this option as well...

PRW # 3334611 PQX Series Aluminum Shaft Mount Rocker Arm System 1.7 Ratio for Gen III GM LS1/LS2/LS6 V8 Engines. The Performance Quotient® aluminum rocker arms are made from 6061-T6 or Series 7000 2024 aircraft quality aluminum alloy extrusions. Each rocker body is relieved for extra valve spring clearance and anodized for added strength. CNC machined billet steel pedestals, ground steel alloy rocker shafts, PRW SCM-4135 alloy steel fasteners, and needle roller bearings from the finest manufacturers in the world comprise the foundation of these rocker arm systems. These complete kits include all the components and hardware required for a professional installation. Benefits/Characteristics • Rated 750 lbs. open spring pressure • Internal oiling system for long-lasting performance • SAE 42100 full complement precision needle and cage roller bearings

Just tossing ideas out here guys. That's it. But you have to admit, a shaft system, guaranteed to 750# open spring pressure, with a warranty, coming in around 400 bucks, with all shims, hardware, and even 2 PR checkers is pretty hard to beat.
Attached Thumbnails Another broken Yella Terra rocker arm-image-2585766104.jpg  

Last edited by dr_whigham; 10-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Nothing that I've heard yet. There's this option as well...

PRW # 3334611 PQX Series Aluminum Shaft Mount Rocker Arm System 1.7 Ratio for Gen III GM LS1/LS2/LS6 V8 Engines. The Performance Quotient® aluminum rocker arms are made from 6061-T6 or Series 7000 2024 aircraft quality aluminum alloy extrusions. Each rocker body is relieved for extra valve spring clearance and anodized for added strength. CNC machined billet steel pedestals, ground steel alloy rocker shafts, PRW SCM-4135 alloy steel fasteners, and needle roller bearings from the finest manufacturers in the world comprise the foundation of these rocker arm systems. These complete kits include all the components and hardware required for a professional installation. Benefits/Characteristics • Rated 750 lbs. open spring pressure • Internal oiling system for long-lasting performance • SAE 42100 full complement precision needle and cage roller bearings

Just tossing ideas out here guys. That's it. But you have to admit, a shaft system, guaranteed to 750# open spring pressure, with a warranty, coming in around 400 bucks, with all shims, hardware, and even 2 PR checkers is pretty hard to beat.
Any idea of the amount of extra added mass over the nose to control vs. OEM or YT ultalite here?

Christian
Old 10-26-2013, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

So HS rockers are junk also then?? Cause i just ran into a bent #1 exhaust valve & two lifters failed on #3 cylinder. & im wondering if i need to go with the full length shaft mounted rockers & a thicker pushrod to help...
Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Any idea of the amount of extra added mass over the nose to control vs. OEM or YT ultalite here? Christian
No. Talking to Ed about them though. Just waiting on a reply.

I'd imagine if it isn't *too* bad, a stiffer / thicker pushrod as well as a bit more seat/open pressure would help. They do look a bit robust though, I'll admit.

Just kicking the can and tossing ideas. It sucks seeing these threads pop up. I feel for you guys.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would not get caught up in all the extra propaganda. I am not fond of PRW stuff. I'd rather srick to Scorp myself. Everyone bitches about buying outside USA but its been a while since I have heard any A) talk from someone who actually bought scorpion B) has actually had a failure from them in a rather long time. Good guys and a good company.

Quick Reply: Another broken Yella Terra rocker arm