Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son of a....broken rocker.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, but this one didn't crack/break, just a push-rods wore about 1/8" into one yt push-rod cup/rocker. I wasn't completely sure if it was partially a push-rod problem. After that I made up my mind to just go back to stock rockers. I temporally ran a slightly shorter PR with an old pair of extra yt rockers it ran fine except for having .025" less preload until I swapped them out for upgraded factory rockers and some upgraded proper length(7.425") Manton 11/16" PRs.
I have no regrets at all going back to stock rockers.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to a couple of reputable machine shops today and got some opinions on the head damage.

The consensus is that at least where the head is concerned, the damage is mostly cosmetic and easily fixable. Yay. Somewhere around $300. For the repair.

One of them gave me the option to go ahead and get both heads fully ported and polished in addition to the repairs for about $900. Not sure how much gain I'd get out of the TFS "as-cast" heads with some custom work, but that may not be a bad option. I've heard some good reviews about that particular shop, but just kind of on the fence at the moment.

Quick Reply: Son of a....broken rocker.