Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose a head/cam combo

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tfs as cast are $15-$16??.?? PRC ok, but for the price of the tfs as cast?,,. If you. Ought any thing else it would be a waist of money. If you have the cash contact Brian Tooley:
(888) 959-8865
BrianTooleyRacing@gmail.com
He can set you up with cam, heads springs, lifters and pushrods. Will make you a great deal that will perform.
Tick will and
Futral Motorsports will also.
Contact these shops before you hastily spend your cash
Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just in the same position as you and I ended up going with the Trick Flow as Casts because I saw nothing but great reviews about them. I am sure the PRC as cast will land you in the same ball park but like I said I went trick flow because they are proven over and over again and I am very happy with my set up. I had Geoff from EPS custom grind me a cam since I have a victor jr and carb and the car is a beast!

Vengance racing VRX5 cam and trick flow heads are a proven combo and I think you would be happy with that stout set up!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Look at the PRC As cast aftermarket casting heads. They have been proven to make big power & flow a good bit more air than your other two options. We've seen guys report back making 500rwhp with them as cast!!
I agree 100%. I'm a huge fan of your "As Cast" 225cc heads Jason. We've used them with a lot of success lately.

Those heads with 62cc chambers, un ported Fast 92, stock 90mm LS2 TB, Kooks 1x7/8" headers, off road connection pipes, corsa cat-back, vararam intake and our V.2 Polluter camshaft on a 111lsa made 506rwhp/444rwtq on a stock bottom end 6.0 through a GTO drive train.

With a ported Fast 92, 92mm throttle body and PRC's 227cc CNC heads I don't see why we couldn't of made even more power.

I would highly recommend PRC's 225cc "As Cast" heads and our SNS Stage 2 camshaft as Qfly mentioned. His is going to be a very potent combination with a ton of torque.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 07-23-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are great numbers Martin! I knew you guys would have great luck with them running your camshafts!

I spent over a year testing and adjusting the tooling to make the runners work the way they do, its not easy making a casting that flows like a cnc ported head.

I've been working on the LS3 one lately and it's kicking my butt!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email sent to Martin@Tick
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Those are great numbers Martin! I knew you guys would have great luck with them running your camshafts!

I spent over a year testing and adjusting the tooling to make the runners work the way they do, its not easy making a casting that flows like a cnc ported head.

I've been working on the LS3 one lately and it's kicking my butt!!
Thanks Jason! I will admit, I bought into the PRC is crap hype a long time ago, but I was made a believer by the performance of the 225cc As Cast heads. I am a man and I can admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong about your aftermarket castings. From what Aaron tells me you guys have been hard at work with R&D for the past few years. It seems to be paying off for sure.

Admittedly also, I haven't tried your CNC 227, 237 or 247 heads yet. It's hard to break from a rut sometimes I'm sure you understand! We are going to be using your 255cc LS3 6 bolt heads on a 1000rwhp YSi LSX block build here very soon. I'm sure they will do very well.

I'd be glad to do some testing of the "As Cast" LS3 heads on my Ultimate Street/Real Street 275 car if you'd like to do some on track R&D. I'm already using CNC LSA heads, so the switch would be easy enough.

Just saying in case you're feeling generous....

Quick Reply: Help me choose a head/cam combo