Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 vortec parts needed for ls appearance

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0 vortec parts needed for ls appearance

Hey guys what all is needed to make an lq motor appear like a normal ls2 or ls1? I know I want an ls6 intake but I am in the dark about what brackets and other dress up things are needed to give it that ls motor appearance. Guys I appreciate ur help, my friend said I needed c5 corvette bracketry is this true? Also does anyone have cam suggestions, maybe a build thread for a lq9 pushing close to 500 rwhp? Thanks guys!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

what vehicle are you putting it in? This will affect accessory fitment.

I doubt you need to specifically look for C5 brackets but if going in a car you probably want to find car brackets.
Why are you asking about close as possible to 500rwhp but then only talking about OEM intake and a cam when HEADS are going to be the most important part of that equation.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would be able to make 500whp with an ls6 intake as long as you have a good set of heads and cam...
Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
what vehicle are you putting it in? This will affect accessory fitment.

I doubt you need to specifically look for C5 brackets but if going in a car you probably want to find car brackets.
Why are you asking about close as possible to 500rwhp but then only talking about OEM intake and a cam when HEADS are going to be the most important part of that equation.

The vehicle this build is going in is a 69 camaro. Can I use camaro or trans am bracketry? I wasnt sure if it would fit because of it being a 6.0. The only thing I have some clarity about fitting is the fbody oil pan. I want one with windage tray and pickup tho. I am not opposed to going aftermarket intake but I like the way the plastic ones look. The ls6 intakes are rather pricy, are there anything similar in price with bigger performance gains?

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
You would be able to make 500whp with an ls6 intake as long as you have a good set of heads and cam...

I was thinking this was possible based off of some of the builds I have seen on here and other sites. It juts didnt seem like an outlandish goal.Thanks again for feedback guys
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Go visit the conversions/hybrids section on here and do lots and lots of reading. 1st gen camaros are old hat to LS swaps these days you will find every type of swap in there from factory parts whole way to full custom one off stuff. ALso make extensive use of the search at the top to find even more stuff.

But yes easiest bracket and intake set up is LS6 intake/h3 alpha oil pan/ and vette front accessories. The easiest way to get the accessories is to buy the complete package from gm performance or summit jegs they are about 850 last time I looked. KooKs makes swap headers and there are a myriad of ways to plumb up the fuel system. Wiring the whole thing depends on your abilities. My favorite way to do LS swaps in old cars is to move the complete entire inside and outside harness from a donor car to the vehicle you are building. 9 times out of 10 the car needs a complete harness anyway and doing it the above way makes it piece of cake plug and play and factory gm reliable.

Quick Reply: 6.0 vortec parts needed for ls appearance