Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine stall with clutch engaged.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine stall with clutch engaged.

As the title says when I push the clutch in my engine will stall at random times. Sometimes it will stall when I pull into a parking spot, pull into my driveway, or even push the clutch in for a few seconds while driving down the highway. Would this be a tuning problem or something internal? I don't really know what angle to approach this. Any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

maybe a tuning issue, when my car was cam'ed it would stall randomly like that, it ended it up being a tune issue but mine was A4
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Ok. Ill have to take it back up there and have him check it out. Do you remember what exactly he tuned for it to stop stalling?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Tuning issue OR Iv seen this happen w Cars the when ppl put cams in and before they get the car tuned the go messing w the TB and adj the idle screw up and than the IAC counts are way off, Tuner doesnt know that you have adj. the screw and when he tunes it It will throw off the Stopped and or the Rolling Idle ....
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1999Firehawkls7
Tuning issue OR Iv seen this happen w Cars the when ppl put cams in and before they get the car tuned the go messing w the TB and adj the idle screw up and than the IAC counts are way off, Tuner doesnt know that you have adj. the screw and when he tunes it It will throw off the Stopped and or the Rolling Idle ....
Hmm. Yea I havnt touched the TB. Makes me feel alot better that its just a tune issue. I was kinda worried something more serious was going on.

Quick Reply: Engine stall with clutch engaged.