Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List All Patriot Head Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
He should comment about Todds motor then not another customers. Besides Todd's situation has been resolved and been beaten to death here as well...

come join the party
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
I can't believe a customer would buy a set of heads,have a problem,and never contact the manufacturer.We have never had a seat (that we install) come out of a cylinder head.
You sent him out 3 sets of cylinder heads before finally refunding his money
Old 06-21-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

He should comment about Todds motor then not another customers. Besides Todd's situation has been resolved and been beaten to death here as well...

If you call that resolved... then I guess.
The other guy with the patriot problem is one of MY customers so I do tend to get a first hand glance at the issues.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

If you want info on MY experiences with Patriot then PM me, im not going to put up with the mod BS on here of editing posts... I figured things could have been handled with more maturity than that but I Was wrong.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
If you want info on MY experiences with Patriot then PM me, im not going to put up with the mod BS on here of editing posts... I figured things could have been handled with more maturity than that but I Was wrong.
How about you read the rules. We are just doing our job

thanks,
Chris
Old 06-21-2004, 12:38 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

As far as reliability goes i have had zero problems so far. they have been driven hard for about 8 months now. there are better heads out there but i personally went with PP for there support. any single vendor on here is apt to having problems here and there and so what if it comes my way sometime. i got more than i paid for in my opinion and if something happens then i will be taken care of.

there are all kinds of quality heads on the market at or around PP's price. i have talked to 3 or 4 vendors and i personally didnt feel comfortable giving them my money. i trust TSP to take care of my issues and recommend them to anybody.

also, when looking at numbers produced by other peoples cars and wondering why they miight be low take into consideration how old there car might be. is it 4+ years old and do you expect that that car was babied for those years??? proly not. just some food for thought.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

How about you read the rules. We are just doing our job

thanks,
Chris
Please state which rules I broke.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

You posted about someone elses car having problems that you did not install the heads on.

That is why your post was edited.

thanks,
Chris
Old 06-21-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

You posted about someone elses car having problems that you did not install the heads on.

That is why your post was edited.

thanks,
Chris
that was 10% of the thread, and it was still one of MY customers... however the other I posted about I DID do the install on...

so why delete the entire post if only 10% was at fault?
Old 06-21-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am not sure what you are talking about?

Anyways, Todds situation has been resolved and is closed imo. If anyone wants to post their experiences feel free. Just make sure you:

1) Are the owner of the car

or

2) The shop that installed the parts

If there is resolution please do not bring it up over and over again.

Thanks
Chris
Old 06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok, I opened this thread because I wanted to make a decision. The I read "Stock valve seats dropped on Patriot heads" so I think 'Not good'
Then I choose MTI stage 2E (choice not finalised) and I read that MTI got stock seats too.
So what will garantee me the MTI heads will not drop a seat too.??
Is that symptom particular to LQ9's or would it be the same with 5.3s.??
Old 06-21-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Ok, I opened this thread because I wanted to make a decision. The I read "Stock valve seats dropped on Patriot heads" so I think 'Not good'
Then I choose MTI stage 2E (choice not finalised) and I read that MTI got stock seats too.
Sometimes stock seats or aftermarket seat fall out.

It is normally a rare occurance.

I can list off half a dozen vendors I know have dropped seats in the past.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Alot of people are having excellent results with Absolute Speed heads,no problems that im aware of,and Jay does stand behind his products.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Check out Absolute Speeds Stage II heads... they are 1899 and the set I installed for a vette guy flowed 314 CFM at 600 lift on a 5.3L head... not to mention the port job is BY FAR the nicest ive personally seen comparing to 2 other major head companies...
Old 06-21-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is done.All of this is old news.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Virtually all of the vendors here have excellent head offerings. Do your research, see what people run at the track and dyno with the head config you are interested in and take into account support from the vendor.

There is also a search button to search this forum and any other. Please use it before posting repetitive questions.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
My point was that he was comparing a $1800 304 CFM "LS6 style" head to a $3200 330+ CFM LS6 head. Nothing wrong with the PP head, just need to compare apples to apples. Look around at S2 LS6 heads from AS, TEA, Cartek, MTI, and others. PP is 20-40 CFM behind all of them (Not anything against Patriot, just starting with a lesser core).

Below, see flow charts from a stock LS6 head and a stock 6.0 head. The LS6 outflows the 6.0 by a signifigant margain. This is, IMO, why PP LS6 heads flow 20-40CFM less than real S2 LS6 heads. PP could probably do the same with a set of real LS6 cores, but then their heads would cost the same as everybody elses, and they couldn't sell people who don't know any better a 6.0 head and call it an LS6 head.

Shawn

Spanky

Maybe I am being a little stupid here, but where are the big differences. Can't run .650 lift without some major modifications, so for the norm, .600 is the threshold.

Also, the price difference on a set of 6.0 heads on a CNC and LS6 heads on a CNC have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I am not sure what lead you to this opinion. The price is what the market can handle. If all of the head porters are charging one price and everyone is paying it, then that is what it will cost. This is the same thing for engine builds, blowers, or anything else that goes on our or anyone elses cars. Patriot is offering a CNC head at a good price. Period. The only difference between theres and anyone elses, is what is done based on experience after the CNC work.

I could very easily, buy a set of AFR or ARE or Lingenfelter heads, put them in a digitizer, map the heads, write the program, and start copying and sell them for $800 each. The blank LS6 heads are $500 each from www.SDPC.com, which is where I got mine.

Flow numbers also do not mean anything unless the comparision is made at the same time on the same flow bench, like the ones you posted here.

By the way, to support my example, My setup, C5-R block, Moldex Billet crank, Carillo rods, Diamond pistons, Jesel Mohawk shaft rockers, LS6 heads Stage III (as they are called), Blue Printed Oil Pump, Cam, Electric water pump, $15,000 assembled and installed in the car. Not the $46,000 Lingerfelter chargers, and not the $26,000 that Doug Rippie chargers, and not $19,000 that MTI charges for that resleved thing. And I am using better parts than any of these other companies. Pricing is whatever the market can handle.

Hope this helps any misunderstanding.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
This thread is done.All of this is old news.

Are you telling us none of us can post because you said so Terry? Maybe its all old news, but I dont see why its not a valid post. Chris can list off a half dozen companies with dropped seat issues in the past, but I betcha he can only name 5 that took care of their customer.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
Are you telling us none of us can post because you said so Terry? Maybe its all old news, but I dont see why its not a valid post. Chris can list off a half dozen companies with dropped seat issues in the past, but I betcha he can only name 5 that took care of their customer.
no, its because this thread ended in early may...it was dead, then someone opens up the thread again because he said hes going with patriot heads & everyone reopens the wounds...we all know your story todd and most of us that have read about it felt bad for you but everyone just needs to stop beating a dead horse, honestly its just retarded at this point.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Terry, My seats had over .005 runout, I fixed them and no complaints to you (the 98's). Hey Todd, I feel for your situation. But it's over! The Patriots are what they are, an economical solution. You folks need to move on.

Would I buy them again? Hell yes! They were worth the price! If my seat(s) drops, I'll just have to change the diaper!

Kill this thread, it satisfies no one and sure doesn't answer the original question. Anyone else with an opinion and no experience, butt out! You don't like my opinion, don't read it. I don't need your sour grapes. I won't be back to this one!