Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magic stick? anyone have it? Impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magic stick? anyone have it? Impressions?

Just curious how many people have the magic stick 1. I have it in the new motor being built and i'm just wondering if it was the right choice? Any impressions people have off it would be appreciated. Power, rpm range, shift points, driveability, etc etc. By the way this is going in my daily driver m6 Vette with TSP race heads.
Thanks
Old 05-03-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Whats a Magic Stick?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Magic stick is a cam that tsp makes.

Also a side note I know streetability is all relative and such but I want info as far as idle, surging, and low end power and such. I had 231/237 and that was great i was really hoping for more power and shake though and thats why i went with magic stick.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

there aren't many people with this cam... ... nice cam for some serious top end power... I've seen it in many cars... almost swapped it into my car... but decided to stay with my 231/237 until I upgrade to a stroker... driveability will be similar to the 231/237 ... a little rougher... but if the 231/237 didn't bother you at all in your daily driver then i think you will be very happy with the magic stick.. what gears are you running?? you will need some pretty steep gears.. which I'm sure you probably already have..

just my opinions
Old 05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok guys, I have to ask a question here. We now have the T-REX, the Texas Giant, and the Magic Stick. This marketing crap has got to stop, it is getting incredibly silly. Before long we're going to have the Texas Two-Step (made by Harlan), the Velocity-Raptor cam, Prestidigi-cam.

I'm not going to buy a camshaft or advise anyone else to do so when these companies are so obviously crossing the BS marketing boundaries. Anyone who buys a "magic" cam without knowing exactly what they are buying is incredibly foolish.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Due to something at Lunati, the Texas Giant wasn't able to be ground to spec. Not quite sure what the new specs will be or who will grind it.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DenzSS
Ok guys, I have to ask a question here. We now have the T-REX, the Texas Giant, and the Magic Stick. This marketing crap has got to stop, it is getting incredibly silly. Before long we're going to have the Texas Two-Step (made by Harlan), the Velocity-Raptor cam, Prestidigi-cam.

I'm not going to buy a camshaft or advise anyone else to do so when these companies are so obviously crossing the BS marketing boundaries. Anyone who buys a "magic" cam without knowing exactly what they are buying is incredibly foolish.

The Magic stick is what the nicknamed the cam when they were testing it out in their own vehicles... i do not think it is one they sale to very many people at all... you have to talk to them about it... and if you want to buy the cam I'm sure they will discuss everything about it and you will know what your specs on your cam are... so don't get your panies all in a wad b/c they nicknamed their cam

anyone that buys a cam without knowing the specs or doing some reserach I think should definatly not be buying a cam at all...

someone that is interested in TSP's magic stick knows what they are getting

I can't comment on the other two cams.. I don't know anythihng about them.. they came out after the magicstick was first initially thought up..

Old 05-03-2004, 03:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Special K '01 WS6
The Magic stick is what the nicknamed the cam when they were testing it out in their own vehicles... i do not think it is one they sale to very many people at all... you have to talk to them about it... and if you want to buy the cam I'm sure they will discuss everything about it and you will know what your specs on your cam are... so don't get your panies all in a wad b/c they nicknamed their cam

anyone that buys a cam without knowing the specs or doing some reserach I think should definatly not be buying a cam at all...

someone that is interested in TSP's magic stick knows what they are getting

I can't comment on the other two cams.. I don't know anythihng about them.. they came out after the magicstick was first initially thought up..

just to add to this a bit tsp did release the specs as soon as they released the cam to the public...do a search and youll find it. TSP is one of the few vendors left that gives out their cam specs instead of being all secretive about it.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foff667
just to add to this a bit tsp did release the specs as soon as they released the cam to the public...do a search and youll find it. TSP is one of the few vendors left that gives out their cam specs instead of being all secretive about it.
Besides Lou who else doesn't give out there cam specs?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

for the most part i know cartek doesnt i know mikey hasnt given the specs out on the cam that made over 500 to the wheels in the 346, um ttp's equilizer cam...im sure there are others
Old 05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Teching In

What Is The Website For "tsp"..??
Old 05-03-2004, 05:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

------>

but if ya cant find it its www.texas-speed.com
Old 05-03-2004, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

i will let you know on the magic stick i just put it in my ta, you will need to flycut your piston for that cam.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:50 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Magic Stick = 237/242
Magic Stick Rev 2 = 239/244
Torquer = 233/233

We have nothing to hide We will never make a camshaft and then expect ANYBODY to buy it without knowing the specs. That's a little like buying a car without knowing which motor it has. And yes, these are not cams that we will recommend to just anybody. Both magic stick really need valve reliefs, and the average customer I talk to each day does NOT want to cut their pistons. Happy motoring

-Matt-

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-03-2004, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

if you want a good heads and cam set up or anything else, the guys from ts&p will help you out, first class company!

roger
Old 05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm very happy with my TSP 231/237 cam thus far. If I were to stroke my motor I would go with the Magic Stick.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

there aren't many people with this cam... ... nice cam for some serious top end power... I've seen it in many cars what gears are you running?? you will need some pretty steep gears.. which I'm sure you probably already have..

just my opinions
I have 4.10's. Truth be told i was a little disapointed with 231/237 i wanted more shake. Anyways Anyone have a dyno graph of one with 6 speed. Bty I have valve reliefs in my new motor which allowed this cam.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blackbelt
I have 4.10's. Truth be told i was a little disapointed with 231/237 i wanted more shake. Anyways Anyone have a dyno graph of one with 6 speed. Bty I have valve reliefs in my new motor which allowed this cam.
I think you'll be happy
Old 05-04-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Want more shake? Lower the idle. If that doesn't work, pull a couple of spark plug caps.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

I think you'll be happy
Do you happen to have any dyno graphs or know how much cars with this cam are putting down.

BTY I knew what i was getting into when i bought this cam I just want to see other people's experience with it.