Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant leaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default coolant leaking

I posted this here cause I know I could get a quick respond. My coolant is going low . I checked all radiator hoses and return reservoir and the pump I could find any leeks. So I let the car cool down and I added water and checked it 15 mints later . Still no leeks what so ever . I let it stay for 2 hours . And added more water . And again with the car cold and after 15 mints its low again but no water to be found. Finally I found water under the passenger carpet. . So I added more water and again with the car switched off level went down .. . Now my question is could it defenatly be leaking from the heater core even with the car off . I mean can the radiator water flow all the way to the heater with the engine not running . Sorry guys I know this is not the place to post this but this has been bothering me cause I am about to race this ***** bag with a singke turbo BMW 335. And I cant find this dam leak .
Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one plz
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If You have wet carpet passenger side and it smells of coolant inside then it's a leaking heater core period. It takes about 3 to 4 hours if You keep at it and cost 50 bucks for an aftermarket heater core or You can bypass it but You're cooling capacity will be lowered a little bit but as long as everything else in the cooling system is in good shape You can go with it bypassed indefinately BTW coolant is always flowing through the heater core unless system is low enough in a GM. Others some yes n some no ,,,,depends if there is a valve in line with heater hoses or not
Old 09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your heater core is leaking, and it will continue to do so, DO NOT use that stop leak stuff in a can, it will gum up your cooling system so bad. I did it in a beater I had because I really didn't want to put money in it and I was amazed, the stuff turned to goop in a couple thousand miles, the car never cooled the same again and it didn't even fix the leak.

Quick Reply: coolant leaking