Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Oil Pressure - Faulty Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Oil Pressure - Faulty Pump?

I am doing a conversion in an old ford F100 and just came to the point of first start. We replaced the oil pump along with swapping the pan (OEM pump H3 pan). I assumed it was the pickup o-ring as usual, but it did not show any signs of damage when pulled.(red coated type so easy to see if pinched).

I went ahead pulled the pump apart. It was completely dry and there were some aluminum shaving along with these marks on the housing and rotors. There is groove I can feel with my fingernail in the middle of the surface along with a wider one closer to the outer circumference. I assume this is not normal, but was curious if you guys thought it was cause zero oil pressure and a dry pump?

Another note. This was a replacement pump after the first one from scoggin dickey had a cracked housing. I worry that for whatever reason there was a bad batch from their manufacturer. Even this one has a some impact marks on the housing along with a question mark inscribed with sharpie.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not around for the initial installation so it is possible it was not centered properly.

Should I just go ahead and grab another pump?

Last edited by NoClassic; 09-29-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: No Oil Pressure - Faulty Pump?