Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need to replace both CATS - california smog, I live in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Took the car to a shop today, and spent 450.00 in labor.
So they still found a way to screw you. Idk if it were me I would not pay extra money for something that they screwed up on. If they themselves broke something and had to take an extra 3 hours to fix it that should not be paid for by the customer.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah.. my @ss does feel some pain.

But..

2 newer cats, 2 new AIR valves, a newer cat-back... the machine feels and sounds great. It is like a different ride..

I drove the back way today to work, to miss the huge Motorcycle rally traffic to Galveston.. went through Brazoria County, and headed down the Blue Water intracoastal way.. awesome drive.. beautifull weather.. blue skies.. crisp air.. T-tops off... hahaha... it was good..

Thanks everyone for the support...
Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I didn't have any problems getting my crappy cats off. And I didn't even use my impact or PB Blaster. I just put a 24" breaker on it and bench pressed God.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
I didn't have any problems getting my crappy cats off. And I didn't even use my impact or PB Blaster. I just put a 24" breaker on it and bench pressed God.
Well Jake.. I wish I had the same luck as you my friend. I tried for 3 days, soaked with PB blaster AND a 18 inch breaker bar in my garage with no luck..

I could not devote any more time to it, so I took it to a garage, and although they did inform me ahead of time that if they break some bolts, they would have to replace them.. I had them do it.. I watched the entire time.

I am a single father with 3 kids... My time spent with my machine is sometimes limited.

Quick Reply: I need to replace both CATS - california smog, I live in Texas