Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how streatable is this cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how streatable is this cam

i am installing the 231/237 as we speak...how streable is this cam...i know a good tune will help...but could i drive it around 5 days a week
Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

If we say no, are you going to put the car back together?

Seriously, the streetability will depend on the tune. I think quite a few guys have managed to tune cars with similar cams, into what could easily be a daily driver.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

I drove that car to work and back every day for 6 months. I didn't have any trouble with it at all, LOVED the powerband on it too! Make sure to get some tuning and you'll be just fine.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badazzhawk
i am installing the 231/237 as we speak...how streable is this cam...i know a good tune will help...but could i drive it around 5 days a week
....i have similar cam and tuning is necessary...car is my daily driver and street manners are pretty good, some 1st gear bucking in parking garage but i can start car with A/C on, never dies at stop. and finds idle maybe 5-10 seconds after starting. But i was tuned by a very experienced tuner who uses both Tech2 and LS1-edit....great cam just needs to matched with good tuning for decent street manners.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Launching!

THats close to mine and I have NO tune and could use the car as a daily, but I have a 'little' truck for that. Only had problems with idle after the install, but after the PCM got used to the large duration, it idles like a champ and sounds severaly pissed off! But you should have problems with that cam a good tune. A friend of mine has an even bigger cam and just got a tune and he drives it almost everyday and has no problems at all.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Default great got it in and running

its finished and have it running...damn thins sounds mean...i love it...its getting tuned next week...rough idle for now...but jus let it warm up for a few min. and its fine...now for tune and then track...i love this cam but gas mil is goin to suck
Old 05-07-2004, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badazzhawk
its finished and have it running...damn thins sounds mean...i love it...its getting tuned next week...rough idle for now...but jus let it warm up for a few min. and its fine...now for tune and then track...i love this cam but gas mil is goin to suck
no no its not streetable at on take the cam out right now jk...once you get a tune it should be fine...even mine with an auto & 2.73's isnt bad...just have issues once the tc locks up with the car bucking because of where the rpms are at that point...in that case im just bumping up the lockup speed though.