Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 04:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Throttle Sticking... Please Help

This morning on my way home from a job about 60 miles from my house I went to pass someone with moderate accelleration. After I passed the vehicle I noticed it felt like my Cruise Control was on. I checked and it was not.

I slowed down to about 40 mph and the let it coast, and the car was accellerating upward towards 70 mph. Nothing I did with the brake or flipping the cruise switch of and on did anything. I finally found a place to pull over about 8 miles down the road. Even with the brake on it was trying to break loose from the small gravel on the side of the road. I left it in gear and turned off the ignition.

Now it was idling as it should. But after I took off down the road I decided I needed to check and see if it did it again. I hit the accellerator and Yep! It did it again! It seems to be sticking for some reason but when I turn it off and restart it eveythings fine until I give it a little gas.

I have it parked in my garage now and started it and in park if I give it a rev...it sticks!

Shut it off and restart...Idle is fine.

Anyone else had this happen to thier LS1? I have to drive from here in Indy to Bradenton Florida tonight (I am moving back there).

The car has no major mods. It is the 2001 SS in my sig with 22K on the odometer.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Now it will not idle down at all. It idles at about 2500 RPM no matter what!

This seems electronically controlled. I have to get this fixed today as I have to be in Florida with my car tomorrow.

Thanks

Last edited by XuhQshinR; 05-07-2004 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added Update
Old 05-07-2004, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Update:

It is at the dealership now. All they know is that it does show an Idle Speed Error Code.

Hope it is nothing major b-cause I have to be on the road in about 8 hours.

I guess this has never has happened to anyone else?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine does it but I have the TPIS 90mm. Let me know the fix.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Final Update:

Dealership just called and says car is ready. Had to replace the entire PCM with a new one. Bottom Line: Computer went bad.
Covered under warranty!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, bizarre, thanks for the updates. I would have thought the throttle cable was sticking or something. Good thing for the warrenty
Old 06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for just now getting this updated but I just moved back to Bradenton Florida and got my Cable Modem up and running.

The original fix was the PCM but on my way to Bradenton from Greenfield (Indy Area) Indiana, as soon as I hit Perry Georgia the thing tried to take off on me again. It was a Saturday so the closest open Chevy Service was in Tifton, GA (Nice People!!!) They worked on it for 4 hours and could not get the idle down from 3K so I drove it at an average of 80-85MPH all the way back to Bradenton Florida. I took it to the local Stealership there and rented a car to do two jobs I had to do in Naples and Immokalee Florida. They found the IAC Motor bad and a loose wire on the PCM. Although they fixed it after 3 days they only paid for 2 days of the rental and were not as nice and friendly as my original dealer and the people in Tifton Georgia.

I had bought a 95 Z28 from this same dealership before when I lived in B-ton but these new people in service have the personality of John Kerry very robot like and no real care for people. (sorry for those of you that like him but the guys voting record speaks for itself and he does not seem real sincere).

Anyway so far so good on the fix. The slap is back but it still takes off as fast as a stripper with your $.

Now she (The SS) is happy back home in Bradenton Florida as am I here on Perico Island again!

Have a great week.