Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My JPR HVLD Head flow numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Thats not right man, you should never be happy with other's misfortunes. I hate Joe, posibly, more then anyone. But that does not mean that it should be taken out on the unfortunate people who get involved with him.
Basically what Damian said.. It just amazes me how people are coming out of the wood works with issues. What really pisses me off is many kept their JPR issues to themselves and let others get dooped. Almost every JPR customer has come on here with MAJOR complaints. JPR's setups are so bad that JD cant even fix them.. Atleast one thing we have learned, you dont need good heads to make good horsepower. Well for a short time atleast. You just need a HUGE cam, high compression and 33 plus degrees of timing. JPR should have sold his setup as a RACE GAS ONLY setup.. So guys if you purchase a good set of heads and have high compression along with a HUGE cam and run crazy timing and race gas.<----Now that is what I call a run on sentence. Well anyway, you can build a high horsepower race car with what I just mentioned.

I wish you the best of luck on your next NON-JPR setup..
Old 05-08-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JS
Guess I DONT look the fool now,I WARNED ALL OF U at least 2YRS ago.
When I placed my order this last September, I had never heard one bad word about JPR. A week or two later is when all kinds of stuff came out. I lived on LS1.com from '99 until this site started, then I lived on this one. Never heard one bad thing, only saw awesome numbers from his stuff. Maybe no one posted anything bad on ls1.com because they would have gotten banned haha. I could have had any stroker from any shop in the country, but the only thing I was told was that he takes a long time, which was fine with me (well, not 8 months long lol). But hopefully in the end everyone will have their situations straight and there will be no more 20 page JPR posts.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also never heard anything but good things from JPR, I don't even trust myself anymore when making car parts decisions because my judgement was so poor in choosing JPR.

At least others know not to buy from him now so mission accomplished I suppose.

Now we just have to hope he doesn't change his name or better yet hope that Joe Prince is really his actual name

I wish all of us JPR flunkys good luck in our new endeavors. May JPRs parts RIP.

PS I wonder if I melted down my JPR heads into raw aluminum how much they would be worth then? Maybe I can recycle the heads and get some of my money back
Old 05-09-2004, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike m
If I were you I would get those heads flow checked when you get them back. What did he do to get the flow #'s higher? did he do valve work? extra porting? 40 cfm seems a lil high of a gain over a set of heads already ported. Im not trying to start anything or bashing anyone, but I dont wanna see yah get screwed. good luck and I hope you really got the xtra 40cfm.
After I got my heads from JPR I had them flowed because I could barely tell they had been ported at all. Flowed 248 @ .550 lift then began to decrease. Just had them flow tested after Scott's "cleanup" 285 @ .600 lift. Perhaps I exaggerrated a bit, but I think it just goes to show what little I got for $$$ (from JPR)
Old 05-09-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VINCE
Basically what Damian said.. It just amazes me how people are coming out of the wood works with issues. What really pisses me off is many kept their JPR issues to themselves and let others get dooped. ..

I think a big part of that is because every thread even remotely close to bashing a sponsor gets immediately locked and deleted on the 'other' board.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DD966
After I got my heads from JPR I had them flowed because I could barely tell they had been ported at all. Flowed 248 @ .550 lift then began to decrease. Just had them flow tested after Scott's "cleanup" 285 @ .600 lift. Perhaps I exaggerrated a bit, but I think it just goes to show what little I got for $$$ (from JPR)
cool good to hear you did flow test them. im sure your car will make alot more power now. good luck
Old 05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike M had his problems too and that was at least 2yrs ago.BS EWP that didnt work,Heads done totally wrong and a blown up motor after 5 passes.

Its sad,all Joe had to do is do the work correctly.
My car was an example of that,11.30's with nothing more than a 224/S1 heads,good sups,TP4200,killer air.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

JS I never had to e-mail or PM you. I knew your feelings about JPR. I remember your posts in just about every JPR post slamming him for those 2 years. It got to the point that they were going to ban you if you posted in one of his posts again. What was I supposed to do? It was a coin toss on who to believe and when you have one person just constanly slamming someone and not giving any PROOF about its hard to belive them.
Actually I DID send you a PM about JPR. The subject was "What facts about JPR"?". It was when I wanted to know your side of what was going on and I never got a reply so I figured you were full of BS. It was around december 20 2003. I cant blame anybody but myself for going back after the car didnt make the power the first time. I am not making you out as the bad guy here, if anything I hope people that read this learn not to believe everyting they read on here. If it sounds to good to be true it is.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
Mike M had his problems too and that was at least 2yrs ago.BS EWP that didnt work,Heads done totally wrong and a blown up motor after 5 passes.

Its sad,all Joe had to do is do the work correctly.
My car was an example of that,11.30's with nothing more than a 224/S1 heads,good sups,TP4200,killer air.
Ok JS After my car blew up I found out I had a major fuel pressue issue. It wasnt Joes heads that hurt my old motor. And the ewp I had on my car was the original prototype. which I gave back to him. Only issue I had was it needed to be O ringed by the gaskets. My old JPR heads flowed 289 cfm @ 500 and this was flowed on Absolute Speeds bench. Your right about one thing JS, 2 yrs ago Joe was on top of his game.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:55 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Come on Mike dont lie,I told the truth about the cam nonsense and now its your turn.Your heads were NOT opened up to drop the CR and that caused the motor to detonate.

I remember someone telling u that your fuel system was fine too.
I think it was the guy who did the heads

9T9 your telling alittle fib too brother.
I privately emialed u and told u HARD FACTS,it was u who did NOT email back.
I gave u at least 5 things that caused me to jump ship with JPR.

Again I wish u all the best,Like Mike said 2yrs ago Joe was on his game.
He didnt get caught up with dyno numbers,He ported heads very slowly and ran fairly small cams.Its a shame he didnt listen to Jay Fisher,Jay wanted to market a street and strip head/cam package for the occasional drag racers.

IMO Joes S1/224 package was the setup.You couldve had the best of both worlds,11-Sec time slips,decent gas mph and a car u could drive everyday.

The only thing that pissed me off is the moderator,jpr crew never said u know JS u were right all along.I was gonna get banned and took alot of heat for telling the truth.Thats why I told everyone about my cam BS.I figured lying was NOT the way to do thing and i changed my ways.I will never BS people when it comes to my car,If it run well or not so well thats the truth and if they want to know anything I'll tell them the gods honest truth,Honesty cant hurt u.

In the end lying killed JPR....

Last edited by JS; 05-09-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS

In the end lying killed JPR....
Not really. In the end it was lying, bsing, shoddy work, holding peoples money, making them help their own installs, no good pcm tunes b4 Brian and with Brian, but not Brians fault and most importantly...... his very own results.
Erin- Car down, motor troubles
Bear- 346 gone 427 dieing
Mike M--Phucked
9T9---- Trouble
Ohio Guy---- Problems
George C---ehhhh 2nd motor having issues.
EZ--Well we'll leave the poor guy alone.
Tommy--- Had his bad fortune, but in all fairness that probably want Joes fault.
Dennis-- Pretty sure having problems.
11Bravo---Hmmmm no problems yet.......odd!!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bear
Not really. In the end it was lying, bsing, shoddy work, holding peoples money, making them help their own installs, no good pcm tunes b4 Brian and with Brian, but not Brians fault and most importantly...... his very own results.
Erin- Car down, motor troubles
Bear- 346 gone 427 dieing
Mike M--Phucked
9T9---- Trouble
Ohio Guy---- Problems
George C---ehhhh 2nd motor having issues.
EZ--Well we'll leave the poor guy alone.
Tommy--- Had his bad fortune, but in all fairness that probably want Joes fault.
Dennis-- Pretty sure having problems.
11Bravo---Hmmmm no problems yet.......odd!!

Hey you forgot me
Old 05-10-2004, 12:51 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Guess I DONT look the fool now,I WARNED ALL OF U at least 2YRS ago.
JS, are your eyes brown? I would assume so because you're full of a lot of **** chief. I have seen you licking JPR's brown eye time and time again on this board, and even somewhat defending him in Mike K's first post about getting screwed over. It wasnt until recently when nightmares were coming out of the wood works that you actually quit defending him. You really should just stay out of these threads, you make yourself look like a hypocritical dumbass...
Old 05-10-2004, 08:50 AM
JS
10 Second Club

I stuck up in Mike K. post about Joe doing drugs.
And I will still stick up for him about doing drugsv now too,I NEVER saw the guy do ANY drugs.

I never stuck up for his work,Well I did say he COULD port heads when he put his mind to it but his workmanship was eh,(Hack comes to mind.)

I think u better look over my posts the last 3 yrs Damian.I almost got banned for talking TRUTHS about JPR,In the end I was correct so I dont know where your comming from bro.

Ask anyone from the east and they'll tell u I told them to stay away from jpr but they didnt listen.It got so bad he threatened to sue me but u cant sue somone for telling the truth

Cya brother...

Last edited by JS; 05-10-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JS
9T9 your telling alittle fib too brother.
I privately emialed u and told u HARD FACTS,it was u who did NOT email back.
I gave u at least 5 things that caused me to jump ship with JPR.
If you did I never recieved it , in that case sorry.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

JS,

You seemed pretty adamant that you felt JPR could port heads with the best of them- but the flow numbers seem to indicate otherwise.

I also remember you bashing JPR way back when, but never recall you backing any of it up with facts.

What exactly was your beef with JPR, anyway? Your JPR package ran pretty well. You were one of the few lucky ones.

JPR may or may not be on drugs, but he is definitely a pathological liar. Sometimes the two go hand-in-hand. Why could he never meet deadlines? Why all the excuses? Where did all the money go?

And just because he didn't do them RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU doesn't mean it didn't happen!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:02 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Okay u guys want the truth,I'll try an give it to u as best as I remember.

I bought a 00WS6 back in AUG.00
I started modding it myself,converter,macs,gears,lid,skinnies,welds etc.
The car ran 11.95@113 and I was real happy.

I then decided to add a cam to the car.The 218-224 cam was the one I picked and Joe and I got to talking but in the end I trusted Mikey to do the install for me.I had the PCM done by Ed Wright and dynoed 335RWH unlocked which at the time I though was pretty good.I figured the car had to making 350RW locked with this mild of a setup.Anyway I took it to the track and ran 11.71@114 in worse air than my bolt-on 11.95@112 times.I was pretty happy and the best part was it was very street friendly.

So thats when Joe asked me to try a set of heads he was gonna port,I traded a VIG3600 for them and 300 bucks,I bought a TP4400 and we put the heads on the car and retuned it at Cartek.The heads were nothing more than a mild port and stock valve with a 3 angle job.Milling was .010 as to not bump the CR up to high or change pr hieghts.I was VERY careful in not letting Joe make decisions with my car because I started seeing a pattern of BS comming from his mouth.

Well we went to the track and I was dissapointed as we only mustered a 11.61@115 but I realized on the last pass the Yank liked to be brought up higher than the VIG.We didnt have time to make another pass but the very next week we tried the higher brake stall method and it worked.The car ran 11.56@115,So we started messing with the MAFT and tweeking the RS air bad and couldnt muster anything better.I was fairly happy,I had a mild street/strip setup that was being shifted at 6200 and was running very very consistant.

So I started taking weight out and Joe and I put the TR 224 cam in the car.I had Cartek retune it and it put down 380RWH threw an auto/S1/224 cam.Again I thought that was respectable back in late 01.So we had good air at the time and a car that weighed 3450 w/Joe driving.I took it to Atco on a cold day -1200DA's and we ran 11.49@116,then the traction got alittle better and we ran 11.41@117.The car sounded awesome,snarled and had a crisp rev to it.So I made a pass and ran 11.48@117 and I knew this was the time to go for the gold,Joe jumped back in and ran 11.38@118.

I was in SHOCK!!!
I thought to myself this is a joke of a package and look what its running.

Well thats the end of the JPR/JS saga.He started doing things I'd rather not take about on the net.Things that I DONT agree with and had happen to me,I didnt like what I was seeing.The lies,BS and half truths on top of the personal BS I saw made me have a bad taste in my mouth,then the lie about camshafts (I WAS PART OF THIS) and having Cartek call me about Joe asking them to fudge my numbers which I wouldve nor asked them to do..He blatantly screwed my buddys LT1 car up by lying about what springs wre on the car and we broke a valve and the motor was toast.Then tried to cover it up and his jpr crew all castrated me but in the end ALL of them ate crow.

I started realizing Joe was either crazy or just a BS artist or worse he believed the lies he told us.He made promises he could NEVER deliver,Tommy knows what I'm talking about as we both saw 1st hand what was going on at JPR.He jumped ship too,Tommys as honest as they come and would never put himself in that kind of crap.

It continued to get worse and Joe started to get orders so quickly because my car ran well he couldnt keep up.Then he made more promises and more promises and just got behind and never recovered.His porting went south becuase he panicked and didnt do the work correctly as u can see with the cars that left his shop in the last 1.5yrs.

He could never tune and shouldve never touched a pcm nor ls1 edit.He also had some deal where they would change vins and dump other tunes in the or what not,I'm not sure how that went.

Its sad,If he would taken Jay Fishers advice and put out a S1/218 or 224 package and had the heads CNC's so the turn around was quick he wouldve made a fortune.Then he could developed a good S2 setup and marketed that too.Instead he did one or 2 good sets of heads and the rest were 1/2 assed.

Building of motors..
Lets not get into that topic,He should not build motors.
He isnt qualified and anyone who got one IMO was in trouble.

Again I never saw the man do drugs so I wont say his does nor did.
I believe it was part bs,part mental ilness (like his FBI statement) and lies.
In the end lies,deceit and loonacy cost him everything.

Very sad.....

Last edited by JS; 05-10-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH...lol sorry couldnt resist.
I went through the PCM thing. I think it was a copied PCM tune from a car and they changed the Vin data to match the car that the computer with the copied code was going into. I have been editing that crap out of my PCM for awhile now. I finally found a Broadcast code DAPA from somebody else with the stock values that I have been entering into my PCM. Gotta love that copy table feature in Edit .
Old 05-10-2004, 11:25 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Hey I did lie about my cam and I was part of it,But I came clean and have NEVER lied since about my car.I knew it was wrong and if I caused any of u to make bad judgments I'm sorry.

Again,His S1/224 setup was awesome.
If he just stayed the coarse,took his time it wouldve been $$$$$ for JPR.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Forget it man, you werent holding a gun to my head or anything. Like I said before It was my choice. I should of never went back but I did.