Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reusing prc dual springs and pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default reusing prc dual springs and pushrods

hey guys im planning on doing a single turbo. right now my car is cam only with torquer 2 and i have upgraded the valvetrain along with it. ( ported tsp ls6 oil pump, billet timing chain, chromoly pushrod, ls7 lifters, springs) I am going to take out my cam and replace it with a mild turbo cam, something along the line of speedinc tu0 or tu1 or tick stage 1 turbo cam. i will be replacing my lifter with new ones but i was wondering if its ok to reuse my prc dual springs and pushrods if they check out fine? total miles on valvetrain is roughly 55-60k miles on them and will upgrade my heads to 317 casting. the car runs really well
Old 12-30-2013, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the springs check out fine and are still the correct open/closed pressures, there probably isn't any reason not to re-use them.

That said. If you have it apart and are replacing parts already, and they have 50K plus miles on them, I'd replace them just as preventative maintenance.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ViaBellator
As long as the springs check out fine and are still the correct open/closed pressures, there probably isn't any reason not to re-use them.

That said. If you have it apart and are replacing parts already, and they have 50K plus miles on them, I'd replace them just as preventative maintenance.
Yup, and re measure pushrod length to make sure you can reuse the pushrods you have and will stay in the desired preload that you want to run
Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd prob throw in new springs while your in there and buy the comp cams pushrod length measuring tool for like $20 from ws6store or texasspeed to make sure your pushrods will be the right length with the new heads
Old 12-30-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea ur right. im going to sell my cam and matching valvetrain to recoup some money. gonna get btr dual springs and lifters.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
hey guys im planning on doing a single turbo. right now my car is cam only with torquer 2 and i have upgraded the valvetrain along with it. ( ported tsp ls6 oil pump, billet timing chain, chromoly pushrod, ls7 lifters, springs) I am going to take out my cam and replace it with a mild turbo cam, something along the line of speedinc tu0 or tu1 or tick stage 1 turbo cam. i will be replacing my lifter with new ones but i was wondering if its ok to reuse my prc dual springs and pushrods if they check out fine? total miles on valvetrain is roughly 55-60k miles on them and will upgrade my heads to 317 casting. the car runs really well
55-60k miles on those valvesprings? holy crap! depending on the cam i wouldnt go over 20k on them
Old 12-31-2013, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well my cam is a xer lope design i believe. so far its holding up great

Quick Reply: reusing prc dual springs and pushrods