Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a slow 6.0 trans am build

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a slow 6.0 trans am build

So figured maybe starting a "build thread" would help motivate and keep me organized. I guess we will see. I bought the trans am while working 400 miles away from home last summer. I drove it twice while I was off on weekends visiting then tore it apart to start having some fun. I'm now home so should be able to maybe make some progress. I originally started with the game plan of doing a turbo car but then got laid off so decided nitrous was a lot cheaper for my budget lol. Car is still in pieces but i'll have my 6 speed swap this weekend so hopefully some motivation comes from that.

I'll start with the last time the car was actually washed. Who knows when.

I bought the car and it basically just took a nap while I was 400 miles away.

Pulled it into the garage to have some fun while I had a weekend off. Just not a sleek beak fan so I'll buy a hood later i'm sure.

Mold had taken over since it sat for a long time lol.

Hood off nasty engine bay. Just needs some love for sure.

Looks like a mess under the hood. It all came out anyway so I can make it nice now.

The car had been swapped to th350 and i'm just not an auto guy so this is why the car was taken apart. It ran perfectly fine haha.

Took a random trip to Detroit with my best friend and came back with all kinds of goodies.

I also picked up a set of L92 heads while I was there. These will probably just get sold since I decided to not do a turbo build.

Everyone's favorite dinosaur is hiding in the box. T-rex. I was so happy to randomly run across this. And yes I realize it was in a comp cams box. We couldn't find the original box lol.

Pretty catch can my buddy from OCD WORKS built that i'm keeping for the car even though i'm not going turbo now. It's sexy and will match the polished elbow for the super victor I plan to run.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Aha, the mold in the corners, i know that feel bro
we got the same thing here in the PNW

What are your plans here? 6.0, big cam, manual trans?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Don't worry about taking it slow man. I've been working on my 6L for almost a year now. No real progress except tearing it down, taking the old 6 cylinder/5spd/Kmember out of the 96 camaro I just bought about a month ago. Good things come to those who wait lol just keep it up and have fun doing it!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by truckdoug
Aha, the mold in the corners, i know that feel bro
we got the same thing here in the PNW

What are your plans here? 6.0, big cam, manual trans?
You got it exactly. Forged 6.0, t-rex, 6 speed with twin disc, lots of nitrous
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bldgengineer
Don't worry about taking it slow man. I've been working on my 6L for almost a year now. No real progress except tearing it down, taking the old 6 cylinder/5spd/Kmember out of the 96 camaro I just bought about a month ago. Good things come to those who wait lol just keep it up and have fun doing it!
At this point I've got tons of patience. For now it has a good stock motor in it so i'm just going to put the 6 speed in and play until I have the big guns ready
Old 02-11-2014, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks great! I went with a 6.0 iron block as well after I blew my LS1. It was the cheapest overall option I could find

Quick Reply: a slow 6.0 trans am build