Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pan problems on swapped truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014 | 08:33 PM
Teching In

Default Oil Pan problems on swapped truck

hello. well to start it off i would like to put a little back ground of my project.

I have a 93 single cab short bed truck on bags about 2 months ago i did a LS swap in it i put a 5.3 cammed out and a fully built 4l60e and a 3000 stall ready for a 150 shot of nitrous (just waiting for nitrous tune)

Shortly after finishing my swap i let a friend borrow my truck to make the story short he cracked my oil pan being it the first time he drove a bagged truck. I got a 07 and up oil pan to put in it now but my question is what is the difference between a 01 oil pan to 07 and oil pan because the 07 and up oil pan have some kind of relief valve right on top of where the oil filter goes but thru the inside. and in the 01 oil pan the relief valve isn't there, does anyone know what is the difference between oil pan does does the valve do in what will it affect me or will it not affect me?????? Please all the help is needed

So if you know something about this let me know please and thank you really appreciate it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Oil Pan problems on swapped truck-oil.jpg  

Quick Reply: Oil Pan problems on swapped truck