Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! fuel problems/Gas in oil

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! fuel problems/Gas in oil

Hello guys, I'm stuck with this thing! I have spark and Fuel. Pressure does drop rapidly with the key on. All sparkplugs are wet and there's gas in the oil. I'm thinking fuel injectors but what would cause all of them to leak? Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

How is your engine oil level? If you are always adding oil you might have bad rings and that would cause excess fuel in the oil. Another possibility is that the fuel regulator is stuck open or an injector.......
Old 03-29-2014, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Undertow74
How is your engine oil level? If you are always adding oil you might have bad rings and that would cause excess fuel in the oil. Another possibility is that the fuel regulator is stuck open or an injector.......
Car has 73k miles never really added oil. I just did a cam swap a few weeks ago went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't
start. Will a bad fuel regulator cause it to flood?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Well there you go....you left out a lot of useful information. You never stated you did a cam swap and it wouldn't start.....sounds like your timing is way off then...and hopefully that's the least of you worries.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Sorry for the miss Understanding. Car started fine after the cam install. I went to started and nothing. Noticed fuel in the oil. Fuel pressure with key on is 58-59 then drops to zero within 3-5 seconds. Pulled manifold and fuel on top of the vales, seems like injectors are leaking I just cant
find out why all would be leaking. Thanks for your response
Old 03-29-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Did you mess with the manifold/injectors/fuel rails at all? Or only when you noticed it leaking? If your valley is covered in fuel, sounds like you blew a injector o-ring(or a couple of them. Have someone else turn the key on to prime the pump and while you look under hood you should be able to see/ hear which one(s) are leaking
Old 03-29-2014, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

It could be a bad regulator, you can check pressure at the rail. If the pressure is too high it will be the same as having larger injectors. My guess is that you have a return style fuel rail and it's bad or you have a vacuum line to your regulator that is disconnected or broken. Has it ran since the cam swap? If not I would connect a gauge and turn the key a few times to see where the pressure is at.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

You should have someone turn the key and hold a piece of hose to your ear and the injectors to see if they are cycling or staying on, might be a ground or something.

Quick Reply: Help! fuel problems/Gas in oil