Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear main seal stop leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear main seal stop leak

It's sort of a long story but here we go.
After two months of not moving my car because of a t56 rebuild and a bunch of other side projects I did to my car I finally got it running these past few days. During the rebuild I replaced the rear main seal while I was down there. After noticing yesterday that my clutch needed a bit more bleeding I saw a puddle of oil coming from the seal. Stupidly I aded a bottle of bars leaks rear main seal fix at the orileys close to home. I only drove it half a mile and shut my car off. I haven't moved it since. The instructions say 100 miles or two days of driving. Now that I know stop leak is **** for engines I want to flush it out before it does damage. How bad do you think my situation is? Is my block still good? I think the stop leak did little to no effect. What do you guys think. Am I fucked?

Last edited by richard_956; 04-02-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just change the oil - the block is fine. That product is formulated to make seals swell up and has no effect on metals. Like most oil treatment products, it consists largely of naphtha and oils (sometimes low viscosity and sometimes high viscosity).

http://www.barsleaks.com/system/pdfs...pdf?1377276705
Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well yeah. I was just worried of seeing the effects it does to radiators and such things like pumps. I didn't want my oil pump to clog out. By the way I'm running royal purple 5w30 so I think it counter acts the the build up. But thanks. Just needed some info on the stop leak from somebody who knows more than I do. Appreciate it man

Quick Reply: Rear main seal stop leak