Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build thread need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build thread need help!!

Ok so here's where I'm at I have a 6.0 iron block it's fresh and needs some forged internals.i also have a brand new set of l92 heads. My plans are to have a 500hp n/a and 700 on spray I need help deciding pistons and also what type of head work needs to be done as far as milling. Any help would be appreciated. The rods are going to be eagle h beams and eagle 4340 crank just need a good piston heads cam setup to get the power I need and more also the car will be carbed
Old 07-17-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Why not use the stock crank. Check out the junk yard dog pistons as a very budget friendly set of pistons. I would get a custom cam for the heads and the 200+ shot you plan on spraying. It's hard to say how much you can mill the heads because that depends on a lot of things, like the cam size, weather you want to flycut or not, desired compression, etc. AI, TEA, WCCH would be great places to have the heads CNC ported and milled. Lots of factors to consider, but I'd shoot for 11:1 or higher compression so you can maxamize the NA combo.

Quick Reply: Build thread need help!!