Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help 2001 c5 vette problem after cam swap an LTs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help 2001 c5 vette problem after cam swap an LTs

sup guys I need some help here I got a 2001 corvette c5 coupe I just recently did a cam swap an full exhaust . I understand I need a tune but car is running very rich I drove car hme the first day we finish the swap 02 pigtail melted on header just clip cus my extensions didn't come in time so I replaced pigtail an test drove an only one code bank 1 the same side that connection melted so I erased code an never came bak but now I try to drive it an once I start going into 2nd the power starts cutting off or any gear an the power starts to cut off an the feel is nasty that I have to pull over as fast as I can an turn car off is kinda like the car is bucking but very rough but when I disconnect the 02s bank 1 an bank 2 car has no problem drives good ik is not a good idea to drive it wit no front 02s but that was the only way I could've drove car home ..I removed sprk plugs an are full of blk carbon . has some one had dis issues before or can someone help me out here can a bad valve adjustment be the problem here any suggestions

thanks
Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AR's LSnotch
sup guys I need some help here I got a 2001 corvette c5 coupe I just recently did a cam swap an full exhaust . I understand I need a tune but car is running very rich I drove car hme the first day we finish the swap 02 pigtail melted on header just clip cus my extensions didn't come in time so I replaced pigtail an test drove an only one code bank 1 the same side that connection melted so I erased code an never came bak but now I try to drive it an once I start going into 2nd the power starts cutting off or any gear an the power starts to cut off an the feel is nasty that I have to pull over as fast as I can an turn car off is kinda like the car is bucking but very rough but when I disconnect the 02s bank 1 an bank 2 car has no problem drives good ik is not a good idea to drive it wit no front 02s but that was the only way I could've drove car home ..I removed sprk plugs an are full of blk carbon . has some one had dis issues before or can someone help me out here can a bad valve adjustment be the problem here any suggestions

thanks
make sure you plugged the o2s back on correct sides. also, like you said, a tune is needed and you should be good.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
make sure you plugged the o2s back on correct sides. also, like you said, a tune is needed and you should be good.
They are connected right ... Driver side to passenger side . Passenger to driver side just did valve adjusment again an it still having a problem . Dnt wanna idle I keep needle steady at 2500 an in couple sec needle starts to drop wit out letting go of the pedal like if somthing cuts off then goes bak up to normal at steady 2500 rpms
Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They are connected right ... Driver side to passenger side . Passenger to driver side just did valve adjusment again an it still having a problem . Dnt wanna idle I keep needle steady at 2500 an in couple sec needle starts to drop wit out letting go of the pedal like if somthing cuts off then goes bak up to normal at steady 2500 rpms
Your front O2 sensors are hooked up wrong.

Russ Kemp
Old 07-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Teching In

How are they wrong dnt they crossover the driver to passenger ... Passaanger to driver side
Old 07-19-2014, 08:34 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

How are they wrong dnt they crossover the driver to passenger ... Passaanger to driver side
They do, but ONLY the rears.

The fronts are run normally; driver to driver and passenger to passenger.

Again, your O2's are wrong. I found this out when I repinned my PCM so the rear O2 ports would read as the fronts, allowing me to simply use 2 sensors, plugged into the rear. The rears do indeed cross, and I didn't know that. I had the same symptoms you did. P0300 and a completely fouled out passenger bank of spark plugs.

Swapped them so the driver O2 bung on the header was plugged into the passenger, and the problem was solved.

Quick Reply: need help 2001 c5 vette problem after cam swap an LTs