Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to sd my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default how to sd my car

Hi. I want to make my car and tune it with speed density. How do I do it? What parts I need? Currently I have slp lid, stock maf ported and 90mm ls6 intake modified by TPIS. The intake does not have the hole where I see you guys put the sd sensor in the Front. Any help please.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There's no "SD" sensor. You just unplug the MAF (or remove it completely) and boom you're in speed density.

Although at this point, given your expertise level in tuning (or lackthereof) you're better off taking it to an actual tuner to do this. It's not as simple as unplugging the MAF, you also have to tune some things in order for it to run in this new mode.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed Density is based on a MAP sensor (Manifold Air Pressure) which you already have. The LS1 with a MAF uses both systems to calculate airflow. You need to fail the MAF correctly to get to SD mode. Do a search, there are plenty of articles that tell you how to fail the MAF and then how to tune the VE tables. You are best to use a wideband O2 but you can use the fuel trims to tune.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by booz
Hi. I want to make my car and tune it with speed density. How do I do it? What parts I need? Currently I have slp lid, stock maf ported and 90mm ls6 intake modified by TPIS. The intake does not have the hole where I see you guys put the sd sensor in the Front. Any help please.
Most people will not and do not need to run a SD tune. The only time I would recommend it is you have even a 85mm or more MAF maxed out, its a track only car where all you care about is numbers and that last 5 rwhp will net you a better time or your boosted. You fall into any of those categories? Put the screen back in your MAF by the way if your car is running like crap.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:14 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

We have a speed density faq/open thread in the PCM Diagnostics & Tuning section: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...uning-faq.html

You'll get better answers over there AND this is the INTERNAL ENGINE section. You know, pistons, rods, bearings....

Quick Reply: how to sd my car