Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 LM7 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 LM7 build

Hello im new to LS1Tech.com ive heard very good things about this fourm. im also a newbie in the chevy area I just bought a chevy so this is my first truck ive always owned saabs and jettas figured id go American muscle. anyways I just bought a 99 chevy Silverado 1500 2WD with a 5.3 LM7 all for $1000. I plan on dumping some money in it to make it somewhat a sleeper. I hear the 5.3 Gen III are very good engines and im wanting to know all possible engine performance mods I can achieve its more of a dream list but still achievable so pricing does play a factor. any help on anything would be awesome.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

I have an 0950 camshaft and valve springs I will make you a deal on.
david
Old 07-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what level of performance are you truly hunting for?

How do you plan to use the truck?

Rear gear tire dia etc?

Budget?

Plan plan and stick to it...execute onceand enjoy
Old 07-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Well the transmission is only rated for so much I think I'm wanting to do as much as I can without having to get a better transmission. Which by the way mine needs worked on its having problems shifting. Plugged a computer in and it was throwing up a shift solenoid A code. I replaced just the A and it fixed the downshift problem still revs kinda high I let off the gas and it shifts I try to pass a slow ***, it downshifts but revs to about 4500 RPM before it finally engages. I guess what I'm getting at here is that what's a good transmission I could use, might go junkyard hunting. And as for performance for the truck I just want to know what will make her roar, like what is a good exhaust system,headers, intake manifold. I plan on getting a long travel kit for it. It's gonna be my daily but also do some off roading I'm not gonna go mudding in it since it's 2wd. Need some performance on and off road without busting my bank to bad. I've got $3000 for mods what can I do? my brother says $1000 would make it pretty fast. Just kinda don't know where to start. Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: 5.3 LM7 build