Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1/lq4 swap/build issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1/lq4 swap/build issues

Alright guys I have ls6 patriot heads that I'm putting on my lq4. I'm putting brian tooley dual valve springs. The valve seats wouldnt fit on my valve guides. I throw the stock ones on then I went to put the valve seals on and they seem extremely to tight. So I assume my valve guides are larger. So I can I get seats and seals for my guilds if that's my issue.

Second I want to be sure I'm checking pushrod length correctly I've put a cylinder at tdc and checked the length then added preload. But what's puzzling my mind is I came up with 7.450. Which I have the patriot heads, a tickperformace sns.stage 2 cam, and morrel lifters.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin1249
Alright guys I have ls6 patriot heads that I'm putting on my lq4. I'm putting brian tooley dual valve springs. The valve seats wouldnt fit on my valve guides. I throw the stock ones on then I went to put the valve seals on and they seem extremely to tight. So I assume my valve guides are larger. So I can I get seats and seals for my guilds if that's my issue.

Second I want to be sure I'm checking pushrod length correctly I've put a cylinder at tdc and checked the length then added preload. But what's puzzling my mind is I came up with 7.450. Which I have the patriot heads, a tickperformace sns.stage 2 cam, and morrel lifters.
Did you lube the ID of the seals? That can help with installation.

Which Morel lifters do you have? The 5290,5206 have a taller pushrod cup and require shorter pushrods, the 5315 have a shorter pushrod cup and require longer pushrods.

Quick Reply: ls1/lq4 swap/build issues