Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head bolt solutions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004 | 02:02 PM
Launching!

Default head bolt solutions???

why the HELL are damn head gaskets and bolts so damn high for the ls1. blew a head gasket on my 80' international 345 motor and it cost me about 50$ to do the head swap with new bolts and everything... is there any other bolts that i can get that would do the same thing as the TTY bolts of gm?? i mean the arp bolt stud setup would be the same as buying new bolts from a parts place and using their torque specs, would it not??? im failing to see why i need so much damn money to buy this crap that i can only use one time!...

what do yall think??

thanx

mike
Old 05-21-2004 | 03:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

you could get the arp studs they are not TTy so you could do head swaps pretty easily though some have had issues taking the heads off/putting them on with the studs while others have not...go to gmpartsdirect.com and you can pick up everything you need for a head gasket swap for like 50-70 bucks so its not that far off...remember the exhaust manifold gaskets are reuseable, intake manifold gaskets are reusable, the newer models have reusable water pump gaskets, TB gasket is reusable so in comparison it really isnt that bad...SO STOP YER BITCHIN!!
Old 05-21-2004 | 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Get some ARP fasteners.
Old 05-21-2004 | 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
you could get the arp studs they are not TTy so you could do head swaps pretty easily though some have had issues taking the heads off/putting them on with the studs while others have not...go to gmpartsdirect.com and you can pick up everything you need for a head gasket swap for like 50-70 bucks so its not that far off...remember the exhaust manifold gaskets are reuseable, intake manifold gaskets are reusable, the newer models have reusable water pump gaskets, TB gasket is reusable so in comparison it really isnt that bad...SO STOP YER BITCHIN!!

every time that i went to gmpartsdirect their shipping charges is usually 3 times as high as the product that i buy....... is it the same for the head gaskets???

thanx!

mike
Old 05-21-2004 | 11:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Get some ARP fasteners.

whats an ARP fastener??? is it the head studs and nuts???

thanx

mike
Old 05-21-2004 | 11:32 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Yes he means ARP studs. Scoogin-Dickey GM Parts also has very cheap prices and cheap shipping too, they have all the aftermarket performance stuff also.