Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CA smog legal H/C/I swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA smog legal H/C/I swap

I'm looking at doing a Heads, cam, and intake swap on my 02 trans am all around late December and want to start getting a parts list going. One of the main things is that I'll be able to take this car and smog it just fine in CA. Ultimately 400+ rwhp is the goal. This car is my DD I do go to the track at least twice a month and have fun with it. So far the car has shorty headers, full flowmaster catback exhaust, k&n CAI, and a shift kit. My budget is probably around 3k and I'll be doing most of the work myself. My main problem is finding what cam and heads I should get.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Send your heads to AI for their HCR porting, contact one of the many cam vendors on here for a nice mellow cam with negative overlap. Add to that the LS6 intake and some bigger injectors and you will be there in terms of power and still pass SMOG.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mamo would be a good person to consult on this being as hes in Ca and made outstanding smog legal power with his C5. Bet he could put together a package for ya.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also what other parts should I be looking at getting? I've heard of getting ls7 lifters and hardened pushrods? Also what head gaskets should I get? What other parts do I need or should replace while I'm doing the swap

Quick Reply: CA smog legal H/C/I swap