Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to modify my 01 ss M6

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to modify my 01 ss M6

Hey, I have my 01 SS and i want to make it faster but still streetable. right now i am looking at tsp 1 7/8th headers. I want a cam but was wondering how do I know what springs i need for the correct cam?
Old 11-07-2014, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bachfrog
Hey, I have my 01 SS and i want to make it faster but still streetable. right now i am looking at tsp 1 7/8th headers. I want a cam but was wondering how do I know what springs i need for the correct cam?
Buy a cam kit. Several sponsors on this site have done that work for you.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree, check out places like Texas Speed, Tick Performance, etc...
Old 11-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I agree, check out places like Texas Speed, Tick Performance, etc...
I am very interested in Ticks sns.. whats the difference between stage 1 and stage 2??
Old 11-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hooker2007
Buy a cam kit. Several sponsors on this site have done that work for you.
they leave a lot of options up to choice though. I don't know reasons to buy a new oil pump, timing chain, push rod length etc....
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cam kits are the best way to go as you will get most of what you actually need for the swap with them. Stuff like oil pumps and timing chains are modifications that people will do at the same time as the cam due to working down there already. Not necessarily required, but good to do while the motor is apart. The spring selection is based off the lift of the cam.

John J

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sales2@Texas-speed
The cam kits are the best way to go as you will get most of what you actually need for the swap with them. Stuff like oil pumps and timing chains are modifications that people will do at the same time as the cam due to working down there already. Not necessarily required, but good to do while the motor is apart. The spring selection is based off the lift of the cam.

John J
whats the difference of stage 1 and stage 2, just size of the cam?
Old 11-07-2014, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what do you mean stage 1? Tsp offers a kit with single springs and then one with dual springs. the cams are in a drop down list to choose from. my advice is call up a sponsor on here, kip, geoff, martin etc and tell them what your mods and goals are and they will help steer you in the right direction
Old 11-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
what do you mean stage 1? Tsp offers a kit with single springs and then one with dual springs. the cams are in a drop down list to choose from. my advice is call up a sponsor on here, kip, geoff, martin etc and tell them what your mods and goals are and they will help steer you in the right direction
my bad man. i was looking at tick performance sns torque max stage1 vs the stage 2
Old 11-07-2014, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes just the cam and springs will be different. if you like tick then shoot martin a pm or call him and he will get you setup. hes a real nice guy and very easy to talk to.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
yes just the cam and springs will be different. if you like tick then shoot martin a pm or call him and he will get you setup. hes a real nice guy and very easy to talk to.
I have pm'd him.. no response
Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bachfrog
I have pm'd him.. no response
I believe his personal PMs have been turned off. Call Tick and ask to talk to Martin about buying a cam.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I have disabled my PM's. If you have an email account, you're more than welcome to email me at Martin@tick-performance.com or support@tick-performance.com.

I'd be more than happy to help you with a cam selection and help you understand the differences in the different camshafts we offer.

As John J. from TSP said, the cam kits are the best way to go. They will include all the required supporting modifications that need to be installed when the camshaft is installed. Ported oil pumps are a great modification to do especially if your vehicle has 10's of thousands of miles on it. Timing chain I feel is mandatory as are gaskets and a new balancer bolt.

Trunion upgrades, lifter upgrades, aftermarket timing sets and other parts are also normally purchased at the same time as the cam package or at a later date.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Wanting to modify my 01 ss M6