Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to

so i am in the middle of doing my cam swap and am wondering how to do this. I did buy a compression test kit from harbor freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/compres...-pc-69885.html
so my question is will that tool work to hold my valves up while i swap out the valvesprings?

the link to the section that i'm at on the ls1howto writeup:
Option 1
Use an air compressor and spark plug fitting to pressurize the cylinder
This is probably the easiest method if you have an air compressor. It will require you to get a special air hose fitting that lets you screw into the spark plug hole. These come in many of the leakdown testing kits as well as a cylinder pressure testing kit. All you need to do is remove the schrader valve in one end of the hose, screw it in, and hook the other end up to an air supply set at around 60-80psi. Once the cylinder is full of compressed air, the 2 valves for that cylinder will be locked up in place.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That should work as long as the opposite end of your hose is a quick connect for a air house. And before you get started changing valve springs in the car is wonderful. We made a tool out of a piece of steel for the springs.

Quick Reply: how to