Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What intake is this?? Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 TA
I thought that there was a guy with a vette on here a year or 2 ago that went to Katech and they built a C5R motor with a custom intake for him. Block, heads everything. It didn’t dyno real high because it was a mild setup and everyone gave him **** for it like why go C5R if it isn’t all out and the cost was crazy. Well the pictures of the motor had an intake that looked like the LS6 intake however the runners were not rounded but fatter like the ones in the intake pictured here. By the look of the ports I would also say that it would fit C5R heads. From what I remember I thought the guy wanted a motor that looked and almost sounded stock but had nice power.

Possible...however...if you look at the TB mount at the inlet...it has a 4 bolt pattern. The LS2 90 mm TB will bolt directly to this intake in the pics. I doubt they had that info back then.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with WILWAXU,looks like CR-5 STUFF TO ME wide and not as tall of ports as ls-1 heads .I seen somebody stated that the 2006??Corvette will have a 427 motor, also read GM is thinking of putting it in the GTO too!GM may put the GEN-3 motors in some other cars such as Grand Prix and similar chassis, I hope GM comes out with something that deserves such a capable engine,I saw a GTO at the dealer the other day could not look more RICIER to me !!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Possible...however...if you look at the TB mount at the inlet...it has a 4 bolt pattern. The LS2 90 mm TB will bolt directly to this intake in the pics. I doubt they had that info back then.
Although the top looks like the custom Katech intake after looking closer at the C5R head and the intake I would now say they do not go together. The head has 8 bolt holes for the intake and the intake only has 5 per side. Looks like the bottom of the intake also has a spot for the LS6 PCV tube off of the valley cover.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Yea I read in the new GM High Tech Performance Mag (the one with the 8.5x Convert on Front) that they were looking to put 427's in the ZO6 cars in the future.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I can only hope GM is doing good things. I've owned a lot of cars and a awhile ago I realized ALL of them were GM. These are cars I wanted, I didn't care abouts brands or whatnot.

BTW Did anyone else notice the truck intake in chevy hi-performance (lame I know) that made more top end HP than the LSX?

It looks like a tunnel ram style intake and is supposedly is 4 inches installed height higher than the LS6/LS1 intake.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

That intake is a LS7, for the big cubic inch corvette that will be coming out in a few years. Nice manifold and makes good power. When I worked at Katech we were doing the initial tests on that manifold. If you think the manifold is nice wait till you guy's see the heads it bolts on to. They are going to be a cross between the current heads and the C5R heads. I have flowed a few sets and they have all flowed right around 370cfm. Can't wait till they come out!!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris@AP-Engineering
That intake is a LS7, for the big cubic inch corvette that will be coming out in a few years. Nice manifold and makes good power. When I worked at Katech we were doing the initial tests on that manifold. If you think the manifold is nice wait till you guy's see the heads it bolts on to. They are going to be a cross between the current heads and the C5R heads. I have flowed a few sets and they have all flowed right around 370cfm. Can't wait till they come out!!
Damn! Good information.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

any ideas on runner volume???
and/or why gm seems to be going back to "rectangle" style ports???
Old 05-28-2004, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

ok, I have a question then... (probably a stupid one, too ) In the LS series engines, would the heads be interchangable? When they come out could I bolt a set onto my LS1?
Old 05-28-2004, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CamTom12
ok, I have a question then... (probably a stupid one, too ) In the LS series engines, would the heads be interchangable? When they come out could I bolt a set onto my LS1?
nope this intake is wider
Old 05-28-2004, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TD's z
nope this intake is wider
Damn. oh well...
Old 05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the two piece design, like the FAST LSX. Makes port matching possible!
Dang, the HP wars are hitting a very high note! Can't wait to see what comes next...
Old 05-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Is this it by any chance?

I've been wanting to get a stroker built for my SS but I'm assuming that all this LS7 stuff may be worth the wait.

A production 427 should be much cheaper than a C5R block or even a Darton resleeve. Now I'm hoping it will fit in the Camaro and headers wont be a problem.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroJoe
Is this it by any chance?

I've been wanting to get a stroker built for my SS but I'm assuming that all this LS7 stuff may be worth the wait.

A production 427 should be much cheaper than a C5R block or even a Darton resleeve. Now I'm hoping it will fit in the Camaro and headers wont be a problem.
nope the manifold bolt pattern is completely different. it will need custom headers. look at how many bolts are on the pic.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

If I understand you correctly, you say you have flowed LS7 heads. Were you guys told they were for the LS7, or did they give you guys the heads and intake and told you, "here, flow these," and you guys put 2+2 together?

Did the heads use a traditional 2 valve design, or did they have 3 valves like much of the speculation suggests?
Old 09-04-2004, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

That is great info!!

I wonder if it'll be a 427 small block or big block though? Imagine it being available as a crate motor!

VERY cool!!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 385
Imagine it being available as a crate motor!
VERY cool!!

That would be awesome.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Teching In

anyone kknow the torque on this engine?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Teching In

hello charlie...

dont you hate bad karma?
i felt maybe all your buddies here should be reminded of your past adventures!

- Salutes from LastMVP

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203
Old 11-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

Way to dig up a year and half old post and on your first post.

this isnt the place for it, and with 1 post you have no credability.

Take this where it belongs.

Quick Reply: What intake is this?? Pics inside