Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any new info on the new valve spring locks we heard about a while ago?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 08:11 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Question Any new info on the new valve spring locks we heard about a while ago?

A while back we heard that the reason people were breaking valve springs was becuse of the valve locks used. I forget who it was, but they stated that the reason springs were breaking was because the keepers and retainers were bouncing around causing broken springs, especially at higher rpms. I think it was Patriot that was supposed to be coming out with a new revised lock / keeper along with a spring setup.

Have we heard any further results or info?

I'd love to see a video confirming this spring retainer floating around due to bad keepers.

Anybody?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We now have the new super 7 valve lock & titanium retainer combo.This is standard equipment on all of our cylinder heads,when they are in stock.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember this too. I remember also the nascar comparison where he stated that cars like that drove around the track with broken valvesprings for several laps, or even the remainder of a race. I too asked about this a few months ago.

Terry,
I'm a few days away from having crane double valvesprings, I'm not too worried about this, as they are doubles.. but, can the locks work with other springs other than Patriots?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by distortion_69
I remember this too. I remember also the nascar comparison where he stated that cars like that drove around the track with broken valvesprings for several laps, or even the remainder of a race. I too asked about this a few months ago.

Terry,
I'm a few days away from having crane double valvesprings, I'm not too worried about this, as they are doubles.. but, can the locks work with other springs other than Patriots?

The crane springs will work with our titanium retainers & super 7 locks.