Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved my Random Misfire / 5700 RPM Drop Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved my Random Misfire / 5700 RPM Drop Issue

My '02 C5 was experiencing random misfires at idle accross all cylinders, and at 5700 rpm to 6200 rpm it was dropping power by about 40 rwhp & torque, after which power returned to up to 6500 rpm.

I had tried doing plugs, wires, injector test & cleaner, cylinder leak down test, you name it.

I'm happy to say that the issue is solved, Per Jayson's advice over at MTI he suggested that I swap valvesprings and it has corrected all of my issues. I just wanted to formally thank them for their help and flexibility with a very tight schedule. I also wanted to post this incase somebody else is experiencing a P0300 random misfire code similar to mine so they might have a direction to turn.

Also, thank you for everyone's advice over in this thread I started
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/173289-dyno-problem-5700-rpm.html

-TGK
Old 06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TGKx
My '02 C5 was experiencing random misfires at idle accross all cylinders, and at 5700 rpm to 6200 rpm it was dropping power by about 40 rwhp & torque, after which power returned to up to 6500 rpm.

I had tried doing plugs, wires, injector test & cleaner, cylinder leak down test, you name it.

I'm happy to say that the issue is solved, Per Jayson's advice over at MTI he suggested that I swap valvesprings and it has corrected all of my issues. I just wanted to formally thank them for their help and flexibility with a very tight schedule. I also wanted to post this incase somebody else is experiencing a P0300 random misfire code similar to mine so they might have a direction to turn.

Also, thank you for everyone's advice over in this thread I started
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173289

-TGK
Which springs did you go from and which springs did you change to?
Old 06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Crowley
Which springs did you go from and which springs did you change to?
I went from stockers (i believe, they have yellow stripes) to manley springs that are good to .600 lift, mti pushrods, and manley titanium retainers (figured i'd do all 3 so when im ready do do a cam the valvetrain can support it).
Old 06-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Rock on, glad to hear you're up and running ... any new dyno numbers???
Old 06-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by soliari
Rock on, glad to hear you're up and running ... any new dyno numbers???
Got a new dyno print out, where the old "V" was and it is now happily missing . No real increases, like 4rwhp and maybe 10rwtq lol from just the spring stuff. I'm looking at doing a c2 or x1 cam in the coming months and picking up some dr's

woot!