Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM7 to Hybrid LSx?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM7 to Hybrid LSx?

Hey everyone. Going through the process of building an LM7 which I plan on putting in a 240SX. I just had a few questions before jumping onto more parts while the block and heads are at the machine shop.

1 - LS7 Coils are different then LS1 coils from what I'm reading, though from some of the diagrams I've found for the harness wiring they don't look too different. As long as I get the coil pack harness for the LS7 (which I believe is GM part #12601824) I should be fine correct? They shouldn't have issues with a Gen III ECU? I know someone's going to recommend truck coils, but sadly I can't run them. In the process of collecting parts for this engine I ended up getting Holley Valve covers to reduce the engine clutter and the damn things sadly don't line up with valve cover mount points.

2 - Serpentine systems right now are throwing me for a loop. I've been lurking the F/S threads here and some other forums but cannot find a newer F-body set of brackets up for sale. I've been looking around on different sites and cannot find any vendors selling complete refurbs/new/used sets anywhere so I've had to branch out. Upon hunting around I found a kit on Jegs and Summit for the CTS-V that are complete (minus the water pump and harmonic balancer) but they claim they don't work with iron blocks. I'm not sure, nor can I get anyone to confirm if that comment is for the iron LSX crate engines or for any LS style iron block. I'm staying away from the Corvette style to keep everything tight to the engine, also have hopes to find a way to get a sidemount supercharger setup to work with it.

Any input would be great!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That wasn't hard to find. Took 2 minutes on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-Corvette-Front-Accessory-Serpentine-Belt-Drive-Brackets-Pulleys-NEW-/381133449790?hash=item58bd52ea3e&vxp=mtr#ht_280wt_1153
Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Signit
I'm staying away from the Corvette style to keep everything tight to the engine
Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I see some significant detail was skipped in reading the OP in your attempt to be witty...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the issue with the jegs kits not working on an iron motor is that the truck motor is missing a drilled and tapped hole that the aluminum motors have
Old 03-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2kgtp
I think the issue with the jegs kits not working on an iron motor is that the truck motor is missing a drilled and tapped hole that the aluminum motors have
That's what I'm finding. I know kits are made to fit 'X' engine, but they should mention why it won't work with other engines

For further comments, please see this thread as I've moved most of my comments there since this is more of a hybrid engine topic:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...mix-match.html

Quick Reply: LM7 to Hybrid LSx?