Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the quickest turnaround on custom grind camshafts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who has the quickest turnaround on custom grind camshafts?

I need a new camshaft to replace the one that was either damaged or failed in my LS1 (cracks in a lobe). I'm running out of time to get this car finished before winter. I've spent the last 6 months rebuilding and reconditioning the entire car and this cam is the last hold up.

In everyone's experience, who has had the quickest turnaround for specing out and grinding out a new camshaft with good results? Anyone grinding non comp cams cores with a quick turnaround? I can handle a couple weeks but a month or more is out of the question (I've read that it could take that long from some vendors). I don't even care about cost at this point. I just want my car finished.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
I need a new camshaft to replace the one that was either damaged or failed in my LS1 (cracks in a lobe). I'm running out of time to get this car finished before winter. I've spent the last 6 months rebuilding and reconditioning the entire car and this cam is the last hold up.

In everyone's experience, who has had the quickest turnaround for specing out and grinding out a new camshaft with good results? Anyone grinding non comp cams cores with a quick turnaround? I can handle a couple weeks but a month or more is out of the question (I've read that it could take that long from some vendors). I don't even care about cost at this point. I just want my car finished.
You can go through one of our dealers they can get you a custom cam in 1 day if it needed. We have 3 different cam cores available 5150 8660 and 8620.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always gotten my cams from Kip within 1 week of ordering at the latest.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give us a call. We are grinding cams in house with Callies Cores and it can be done in 1-2 days.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: Who has the quickest turnaround on custom grind camshafts?