Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 11:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Next round of mods...

Building the Beast - 383 supercharged with Mamo top end-photo328.jpg

Building the Beast - 383 supercharged with Mamo top end-photo13.jpg

Building the Beast - 383 supercharged with Mamo top end-photo268.jpg
Treadstone 900hp intercooler vs chiseled performance 1500hp intercooler.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 438 Likes on 344 Posts

That gonna be more better
Old 02-25-2020, 08:13 AM

Received 1,851 Likes on 1,152 Posts

Any updates on these mods going in?
Old 06-05-2020, 01:17 AM
9 Second Club

Ok Finally an update. I've been meaning to do this awhile but I have plenty of excuses lol. I love this car though. It's exceeded all my expectations to this point.

So I got the mods above done and got to the track last October. Went by myself because that's how it is sometimes so I didn't have a second set of eyes looking at everything. You'll see why that's significant in a few minutes lol.

I thought I had my wastegate all set up correctly but it didn't work and in the end I figured out the dome pressure sensor was bad so not triggering the wastegate to release any pressure. The reason I have set this wastegate up is to limit boost because of my stock ls1 aluminum block. My valvetrain can handle whatever I would need as well as my bottom end as far as rpm, but as far as power my bottom end is limited for my setup. So I installed the wastegate to limit boost so I could run the rpm out and run 1/4 mile without switching any procharger pulleys. Right now it is set up as an 1/8 mile car.

So I got to US41, I lined up, took off and the car just felt ridiculous. Problem was the car didn't shift and hit the limiter, which I just switched to 8k because I thought the wastegate was working, It ended up being my fault because of a feature in the tune I misunderstood for the co2 shifter. Anyways, looking at the log I was bouncing off the limiter at 28psi and I shot coolant out of somewhere all under the passenger side of the hood. I'm thinking that the rad pressure cap blew or something. Maybe I lifted a head and it resealed. I have no clue but I let off and the car coasted to...

5.5@113 lol. My car likes to coast I guess. But then since all that happened I figured the car was hurt. Went through the log and checked the car out and everything seemed fine.

So I turned the car down, pulled more timing and lowered shift points and launch rpm and ran another 5.5

5.5@124 with a 1.3x 60'. I was very happy with this. I think it has a 5.3 in it just based off these slips. And I think there's more even but we'll have to find out.

One puzzling thing was after the intercooler upgrade my car was still pulling 5 degrees of timing for my manifold air temps increasing too much, and the car was running hotter than last track outing. And last track outing was 100 degrees and this day it was 70.

So I get home and start looking over the car. Call it a night and probably had some Makers 46 lol

Few of my favorite pics there. But I started looking closer and I forgot to take the cardboard off the radiator. lol. So that's why my coolant and MAT were rising.

I had cardboard on the radiator when I was installing everything and I forgot to remove it smh.

So I put the car away for the winter and forgot about it. I have too many projects anyway..

Got it out a couple weeks ago and had it buffed.

So car looks good and I was getting it ready for Street Car Brawl at US41. No time, backwards track race. I had a coolant leak around the ewp outlet fitting but it stopped leaking so i called it good and loaded up.

I just had my pro bracket radials which i usually can get to hook on no prep but this surface was horrible. First run I just sat there and spun. Partial vid below. And I had 10 degrees of timing pulled throughout the run. Coolant leak ended up coming back, which I fixed again and the battery died so I gave up lol. Still working bugs out but it's closer.

Bad *** R8. I'm surprised my car looks so good next to it lol

First tnt run

Got a nice burnout here. I couldn't see the smoke coming

This car is crazy low but I think I'm going to be stubborn and keep it that way until it's too much of a hassle

New hoosier slicks for next outting. I'm actually using LazerLemonTA's tires and wheels lol

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_3095.mov (998.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-06-2020, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Car looks great brother!
Old 10-04-2020, 11:31 AM
9 Second Club

Figure I'll just leave this here lol

The following users liked this post:
BCNUL8R (10-05-2020)
Old 10-04-2020, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love that procharger whistle.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by milkey57
I love that procharger whistle.
Lol. Yeah. I do too. It sounds like a jet engine now. I figured out what was wrong with the car for the past year. The blower wheel was messed up. Got it replaced and it almost scared me how loud it is now.

Quick Reply: Building the Beast - 383 supercharged with Mamo top end