Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Crew 5.3 no combustion on bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Crew 5.3 no combustion on bank 2

since i have started to narrow this down i figured i would start a new post.

so i just finished getting the engine back together after new head gaskets,shorty headers, cam, lifters, and springs upgrade, also replaced time chain and cam sprocket. when i started it it wouldn't stay running unless i had my foot on the gas, turns out i was only firing on bank 1 and bank 2 was cold. i have checked for broken grounds on the block but all looks good, then i checked the coil pack plugs and the injector plugs for 12 volts and those are good. when i do a scan all that comes up is a maf sensor code p0101. i checked inj1 and inj2 fuses and they are good too. is there a ground at the ecm i should be checking?

please any help would be great!!! i'm at a lost and about to break down and have it towed to the nearest shop.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

try the tune/diagnostic forum...........
Old 01-22-2016, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If You had a scan tool You could check the o2 sensors ,,,,,,it may be no signal on the side not running ,,,,,,,,have You checked for spark on the bad bank ,,,,,,have You checked for power getting to the injectors on bad bank ,,,,,,,just unplug 1 inj plug from bad bank and hook up a test light to the wiring harness plug to that 1 inj and turn engine over and see if it's getting electric signal ? Are You sure none of the 4 cyl are running on that 1 side ? Good luck

Quick Reply: 2005 Crew 5.3 no combustion on bank 2