Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Corvette: replace bad cam/lifters...1 week later noise again

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:12 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
While not quite as cheap as the GM cams the Cam Motion "drop in" series for each engine size are great cams made on good cores which are made to give a bump in power but still use the budget springs and last forever without wearing out the rest of the top end.
^^^this^^^^

All damn day long
Old 04-18-2016, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
While not quite as cheap as the GM cams the Cam Motion "drop in" series for each engine size are great cams made on good cores which are made to give a bump in power but still use the budget springs and last forever without wearing out the rest of the top end.
Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
^^^this^^^^

All damn day long
I third your second. Can't go wrong with Cam Motion and the extra bucks will make you smile every time you hit the gas. I was literally in Kip's office an hour ago. I always call him first and call him last because the guy truly knows his stuff and produces fantastic cams. Jeep build #2 cam from CM was max effort LS2(stock engine/hydraulic) on stock valve springs and the thing was explosive even with 3.0 gears and 33" tires. Surprised more than a few Camaros and was always told it was the best-sounding Jeep they ever heard which was just a nice side-effect. Saw Geoff @ EPS on my way out. He contributed a spot-on, super-drivable tune that I could not have done myself. So props while I'm babbling.

Picking up my second solid roller from them Friday...if I can keep my mind made up on a direction for that long.

Last edited by Mercier; 04-18-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all above, and I will check out CM before just ordering an LS6 bumpstick.

Quick Reply: LS2 Corvette: replace bad cam/lifters...1 week later noise again