Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure issue 00 slp ss camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure issue 00 slp ss camaro

Hey guys ive got a 00 ss camara slp i had it rebuilt from the oil pan all the way to the head everything is brand new on the internals rods cylinder head etc problem i'm having is oil pressure is working great on cold start up between 40 and 60psi after it warms up and also when its hot outside gauge begins to flicker and when ever i'm not opening it up coming to a complete stop psi shows 10 and below took it to a ls1 shop they say it's rear main seal and pump is weak so i took it back to the dealership Penske chevrolet of cerritos and they say it's not rear main seal trans leak will cause that but i think it's all bull they just don't wanna honor there warranty because if it was gauge that would cause oil reading to b at 0psi and then jumps up to maybe 10 psi sometimes making check gauges come on really stressed about my toy any helps good. Help thanks

Last edited by thegreatone52; 04-15-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

You did not replace the pump and o-ring pickup tube seal when you rebuilt the whole deal??

Most on here will tell you THAT is your problem right there.

Are the lifters making any noise/ticking/clacking?
Old 04-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
You did not replace the pump and o-ring pickup tube seal when you rebuilt the whole deal??

Most on here will tell you THAT is your problem right there.

Are the lifters making any noise/ticking/clacking?

I HAVE RECEIPT FROM PENSKE CHEVROLET SAYING THEY REPLACED OIL PUMP PICK UP TUBE O RING EVERYTHING TOTALING UP TO 9400$ CARS UNDER WARRANTY JUST WENT AND PICKED CAR BACK UP FRIDAY I DROVE IT FOR 20 MINS B4 PRESSURE BEGAN TO DROP again dealership assured me that they found nothing wrong and they claim to haven driven it 24 MILES ON FREEWAY AND STREET WELL IT DOESN'T ADD UP TO ME BECAUSE PROBLEM WAS NEVER FIXED THERE MECHANIC ALSO SAID MY TRANS WAS LEAKING NOT ANY OF SEALS FROM ENGINE COME TO FIND OUT ITS A POWER STEERING LEAK THAT'S LEAKING ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT IT WENT BACK TO PENSKE NEVER HAD A ISSUE I'M THINKING THAT THERE TRYING TO **** ME OVER THE CAR WAS AT DEALERSHIP FOR 2 WEEKS B4 I WENT AND PICKED IT UP MECHANIC SAID THAT HE DROVE CAR 3 DIFFERENT TIMES I GET TO DEALERSHIP SERVICE MANAGER SAYS IT HASN'T BEEN DRIVEN SMH I'LL POST VIDEO OF WHAT'S HAPPENING AND THAT'S UPON LEAVING DEALERSHIP
Old 04-18-2016, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

You have an aftermarket, extended warranty, or the dealer you purchased it from used gave you a warranty??

IF the o-ring seal was installed incorrectly, or twisted/crushed during installation, the results are the same as an old, worn, shrunken seal.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Dealership rebuild all oem parts no extended warranty it's a 2year 12000 mile warranty I haven't even putt 1400 miles
Old 04-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Teching In

This is the slp there ******* up

Quick Reply: Oil pressure issue 00 slp ss camaro