Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Heads? BTR 4 and Fast 102

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ls6jay
When I ordered my Stage 4 , Btr said the cam was designated around a 243 head. Thus why 242 on the exhaust , 235 on the intake. A trickflow or afr with a better flowing exhaust port wouldn't need so much more exhaust duration.
This is quite an interesting point that Tooley or Mamo or Smallwood could elaborate on at great length. Seems that heads with poor E/I ratio be it a really strong intake side or mediocre exhaust side (LS3-ish) need a big split cam, but well balanced high velocity heads don't suffer from too much exhaust. It's like the velocity allows you to run a shorter intake lobe thus closing it sooner and trapping more pressure, but the longer exhaust lobe just carries out longer and smoother after peak. Assuming a solid valve train is in order
Validating the "HUGE" torque claim
Old 10-27-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is true. I've talked to both Martin and Brian about this. The heads I run have some of the best flowing exhaust ports on the market, and the cam I'm running right now is far from optimal because it has too large of a split and the 110 LSA needs to be something more like 113 or 114.

Quick Reply: What Heads? BTR 4 and Fast 102