Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Opinions/how far to build LS1 if I sell it..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions/how far to build LS1 if I sell it..

I have been planning a LS1 build for a track car for years now. It is currently sitting in my dining room on stand ready for a slow assembly. Some things have come up and I am debating selling vs. storage of engine. If I decide to sell it, is it best to rebuild it first? Put back completly stock? upgrade with parts on hand? sell ready for assembly?

Currently I have all stock parts, engine is on stand in dining room. I have both new oem alum main bearings for stock and clevites with +1 clearance for use with heavier weight oil for track. Stock bottom end with ARP rod bolts (rod ends checked for OOR with bolts) and MAMO spec top end. Have yet to buy intake.
Engine only had mid 30s for mileage but sat in storage building for years. So I had block checked and re-cross hatched. I had the shop check all internal parts and found to be within limits. I have also been checking as i prepare to assemble and find the to be.
So back to my origional paragraph should I build it up stock or not? or leave it dissassembled so somebody can check everything for themselves?
Thanks
Old 04-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

If you're planning on doing a different motor I'd keep the top end and just sell the disassembled short block. If not I'd still leave it apart and sell it. But could also be easier to find a buyer if it's all in one piece
Old 05-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Teching In

I will give this a thought. I have the oem top end still so I can rebuild complete to stock spec. I will have to research values since I have a new OEM lower bolt kit and also some ARP exterior bolt pkgs. It has been a while since I started compiling these things.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Opinions/how far to build LS1 if I sell it..