Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Toy/c5

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Toy/c5

well, I sold my turbo ws6 after moving to San Antonio. (No AC) I couldn't help but jump on a good deal for a mid mileage 2000 a4 c5 in the area after the sale. Car is bone stock minus an ls6 intake and a shitty tune that I erased and rewrote, lol. Car wound up running 13.23@106 with a 2.05 60' on old nitto 05 radials that are so hard they powder.
Im in the planning stages of the build and it's going to progress very quickly. I've already started gathering a few parts as well. I went ahead and bought a yank pt4000 converter, vararam cai, and a complete stainless 1 7/8x3 exhaust system from tsp. probably gonna order some new tires as well but not sure on Hoosiers or mickeys. I think I'll take it back to the track and see where it's at after the converter, exhaust, and cai. I'd be stoked if it ran 11.90s but I'm betting on 12 teens. Car has a 3.15 rear so that's helping some, I may try to find a 3.42 out of a 6 speed car for cheap.
After this round of mods I'm camming the car for that final push to 11.50s. I like vengeance and btr and was looking at the btr4 and vindicator. The 4 was suggested by BTR already and I'd assume the vindicator would bE the choice from vengeance with a 4K stalled c5. Anyone have any track numbers with similar setups? C5/4K stall/ donkey dick cam?
thanks
Old 05-10-2017, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Just wanted to add that I have a car with a PT4000 converter and it's real loose even with my 3.73 gears so I would definitely get you some gears because I imagine it will be insanely loose/annoying with the stock 3.15s at least IMO. I've had it for years but I'm looking forward to going back to a Yank SS series converter but the PT4000 is pure awesomeness
at the track and for roll racing.

Congrats on the new purchase, C5s are awesome and it should really book with your planned mods.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, the cars more track than driver. I'm on the lookout for a geared diff. I was planning on 3.73s if I had to buy a new/rebuilt unit. But if I can find a deal on a 3.42 factory diff I'd jump on that too.
I'd like to think that the car would go 10s NA with a set of heads when and if I ever decide to put a roll bar in the car.

Quick Reply: New Toy/c5