Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At A Loss With HP Dyno Numbers!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Just so ya know, "I-pipe" is "Intermediate pipe" as in between Y-pipe and muffler
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by den_hart
Hello 98cherrySS. Thank you for your reply. I know the throttle not opening up all the way has been mentioned prior by a couple of other members. I will definitely keep that in mind. How did you go about correcting it if that is the issue? That is quite a difference!!
There are a couple of adjustable connection points on the throttle cable linkage. I ended up making adjustments to remove the slack and that made the difference. There is also a TPS sensor on the side of the throttle that may need to be adjusted. A voltmeter is needed to confirm the voltage when fully opened and fully closed. There are write ups all over the forum on how to do this correctly. Your tuner can probably help check the voltage side of things.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Shoot if you're in Indy, Mike Norris is the first guy I'd call.

I agree 100% Mike is excellent to work with on projects. The OP should contact Norris Motorsports for help getting the car sorted out in my opinion.
Mike's Dyno Jet dyno seems very accurate with numbers too.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
I agree 100% Mike is excellent to work with on projects. The OP should contact Norris Motorsports for help getting the car sorted out in my opinion.
Mike's Dyno Jet dyno seems very accurate with numbers too.
Yeah man, he's good people. I hated it when he moved from FL, but I guess it did force me to learn how to tune lol. Personally if I was the OP I would have had him do the install AND tune but understand he may have known the other shop already.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello 99cherrySS. I'll try to remember about checking the TPS. Hopefully the guy that did my upgrades back in December can get in touch with his friend to do some dyno pulls in the near future. 99 Black Bird, I did have Mike Norris retune my car since the LS6 instake and 243 heads were installed about a month ago. He has been extremely busy and I can usually only get to him on a Saturday by appointment only. And ddnspider...I did deal with the performance shop before that installed all of my upgrades back in December. Plus it seems that there aren't too many places that does performance work on Fbodies around Indy from what I've heard. I'm hoping to get some kind of answer or solution preferably to my low numbers.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I would also say bigger injectors would help, mine were starting to run out of steam w/ full bolt ons.

Quick Reply: At A Loss With HP Dyno Numbers!!